custom built rods help

nik saunders

Reaction score
just sold my greys prodidgy 2.75, which i didnt really enjoy ,so im after some custom built rods but dont really understand about the blanks and bits, ie semi fast and so on, i did have a muck about with some esp vertex distance in france last week whiched seemed nice which were 3lb test, im not a big big caster but want a rod that plays fish nice on the tip but can cast 150 yards, and of course looks the dogs *******

nik saunders

Reaction score
custom built rods

cheers mate, can they help with the cometics of the rod , reel seats , carbon fininish , and a another silly question can you get rods made to measure as im 6ft 6 and have long arms but dont want a 13ft rod, ie postion of the reel seat cheers

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Yeah, if you tell them how much you have to spend, and ask what finishes are available to you, they will sort it all out for you.
Not sure about the length of your arm, but i am pretty certan they could taylor make a rod for you.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
There's any number of reputable rod builders dotted around, Bruce Ashby, Chris Orme,Vic Gibson,Nick Buss,Mark Tunley and Kevin Baines to name a few, all will be able to offer sound advice and build to your own requirements. It's far better if you're able to visit them and perhaps have a cast or two with the models you're interested in.
As you're in Kent Bruce Ashby and Nick Buss would be your nearest options.

Old Nick

Reaction score
And if you fancy cane rods try Norman Agutter, he's only down the road in Ashford and does a full custom service (I believe). They do an 11ft MkVI jobbie that may be up your street.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dave Lumb does some lovely looking custom built rods. If you look him up on Google he has a web site..........well worth a look. If I ever get a custom made rod I think I'll be giving him a bell.