Polaroids

M

Mick Weston

Can anyone recommend a good pair of polaroid glasses.

My old pair were Optix Cormorants with amber HLT1 lenses which were far superior to the greylenses for fish spotting in low light and despite being scratched and tatty still outperform most I have tried. I fancy a wraparound style that lets less light in at the sides this time though.

R

Rob Jones

Hi Mick,

Have a look at the Action Optics range carried by Sportfish. I've got the Clearwater copper photochromic 'model', and I'm very happy with them.

They're wrap-around style (won't fall off your face when bending down),have got glass lenses (clearer and more durable than polycarbonate) and perform well in middle to high light conditions.

Worth the ?100+ price tag IMO.

C

Colin Leatherbarrow

Hi Mick,
I also have (had) Optix polaroids. I bought a pair of Snowbee wraparound sports glasses for a trip to Mexico last November and must say that they are brilliant. I now stock these glasses after trying them 1st. They have a soft-feel coating so don't dig-in on the wraparound. I wear contact lenses and have found these glasses also suitable for other sports (keeps dust out etc.) They cost ?45 inc p/p.

M

Mark Williams

Best of the lot are Bolle Boomslangs, as reviewed in Trout Fisherman. Worth ?90

M

Mick Weston

Cheers for the info guys.

The Action Optics look real quality and came highly recommended by a chap I know who is into Bone fishing - lucky thing. They may however, be a touch out of my price range.

I have looked at the Bolle glasses and they too look superb with the sandstone lenses - my local shop sells them for ?78 so am quite tempted. I will try to take a look at the Snowbees tho before hand - if they are good, ?45 is a bargain.
Thanks again for the responses.

M

Mark Frame

have a look in the latest trout fisherman review in there