Berkley Whiplash braid.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've used power pro braid up to 30lb for lure fishing/spinning but I'm off deadbaiting later this week and am thinking of getting some Berkley Whiplash in 80lb breaking strain as it's only 0.24mm diametre so quite thin. Before I buy some has any one used the stuff and do you rate it ?

preston96

Reaction score
Erm.....why not stick to PP, or a good mono?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Erm.....why not stick to PP, or a good mono?

Power pro seems over priced compared to the Whiplash and is a higher diametre at 80lb strain. I can get 300yrds of Whiplash for 22 notes including postage which seems like a decent deal. I'd prefer using braid to mono when pike fishing, just my preference.

preston96

Reaction score
Power pro seems over priced compared to the Whiplash and is a higher diametre at 80lb strain. I can get 300yrds of Whiplash for 22 notes including postage which seems like a decent deal. I'd prefer using braid to mono when pike fishing, just my preference.

I tried WL a long time ago and it seemed very noisy on the rings, i just didn't like it.....but i much prefer a good mono anyway, even over PP.....i have two spools loaded with 65lb PP that have only been used once and i keep looking at them and picking spools of mono.

I suppose it's what you feel comy with.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tried WL a long time ago and it seemed very noisy on the rings, i just didn't like it.....but i much prefer a good mono anyway, even over PP.....i have two spools loaded with 65lb PP that have only been used once and i keep looking at them and picking spools of mono.

I suppose it's what you feel comy with.

I've used Berkley Fireline before and that was noisey on the rings and seemed thick and rough but I thought the Whiplash was supposed to be smoother and rounder making it quieter going through the rings.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I use that very same stuff Tigger, 80lb Whiplash - purely for deadbaiting.

Like you say the diameter is good and I'm always confident of being able to pull any rigs out of snags - either the snag gives or the hooks straighten out.

I've not had any problems with it, it is quite stiff to start with as it has some king of coating on it but it softens up after a few outings.

Maybe that's why it sounded noisy through the rings Paul?