why do carp jump out of the water

nik saunders

Reaction score
why do carp jump as high as they can out of the water, to my thinking its not feeding as i thought when carp rolled on the surface there going down to feed, so what are they doing , cleaning themselfs, or just sticking there fins up to me saying you cant catch me lol

quattro

Reaction score
I've often wondered about this, they really launch themselves out of the water. As it's often big doubles, it's unlikely they're being chased. Perhaps they need extra oxgen or as Slime says some sort of irritation. I like to think they're just playing, just as we like to have a dip:):)

Reaction score
They jump out to avoid The Carp Sha***r!

picture.php

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
To clear their gills after filter feeding in silt and as S.M. mentioned, parasites and flukes causing irritation or avoiding a predator.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
You are all completely wrong, barking up the wrong tree as they say.

They do it because they can :D

I was reading a carp Forum once, and one of the postings read.

Why do humans throw free food at us ?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Tell them it's not free, we have to buy it. Also they should eat it all as there are starving fish all over the world who would love that bait on the hook.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
The Tench have got wind that the Carp have been eating all the free food, and now there is complete Bedlum.
It's Tench Warfare.
The Mirror Carp have issued a statement, saying : This fighting is reflecting badly on them.
The Common Carp are chanting at the Tench, saying : you're going home in a F**king Weigh Sling.
The Leather Carp are singing : Y.M.C.A
The Ghost Carp are worried, saying : This is indeed a Grave situation.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
The Tench have got wind that the Carp have been eating all the free food, and now there is complete Bedlum.
It's Tench Warfare.
The Mirror Carp have issued a statement, saying : This fighting is reflecting badly on them.
The Common Carp are chanting at the Tench, saying : you're going home in a F**king Weigh Sling.
I hate to encourage you but that was top marks :D

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
It's Tench Warfare.

The Grass Carp : Caused further protests after one asked if anyone had a Roach.

A famous footballing fish (Rudd Gullet) climbed up on to a Perch and Pleaded for Peace.

The Bream : Things do indeed look Bleak and at this current time things are Ruffe,

The Chub Landlord renowned for being a bit Bullheaded was armed with a wooden Pike mounted on a weight lifting Barbell has said that Eel be defiending his territory until this is brought to a FINish and the GILLty parties are Punished.

Catfish: Wels this situation was brought on by the Carp Jumping, I hope the King Carp can reason with his fellow Carp, he's renowned for being a Gudgeon and a fair and underZandering Monarch.

Order was thought to have been restored to the Quiet Tranquil Lake until a distrurbance late last night re opened war wounds.

Crucian Carp invaded the Tenches and were heard to be saying : You lot are Crucian for a bruising.

So you, ask, WHY, do Carp Jump.

The answer is clear, they are Helicarptors in the war of the Fishes. :D

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

S.V
You need help mate

No thank you Slime, i am perfectly capable of being totally mad on my own, but i thank you for your kind offer of help :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's Tench Warfare.

What about the Crucian Carp, the Koi Carp and the Grass Carp?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealph Viper
It's Tench Warfare.

What about the Crucian Carp, the Koi Carp and the Grass Carp?

Look up a couple of threads, you will see that i have covered the Crucian Carp and The Grass Carp, the Koi Carp refused to be interviewed by me and my underwater film crew due to them being to Shy. :D