john roberts feeder booms

jcs

Reaction score
Hi all
Was thinking about getting some john roberts feeder booms, when using the feeder for my Barbel Fishing.
What do you all think of them and do they stop the tangle's when casting to the far bank's on the bigger river's.
Would love to hear your feedback on this Item.

klik2change

Reaction score
It certainly does work - or nearly all the time. It may be that the few tangles i've seen have formed themselves on the retrieve, though I cant see how. I found booms to be ok with longer hooklengths too.

Matthew White

Reaction score
I find a couple of rubber beads between the lead and the hooklength swivel stop most tangles.
I sometomes use the new Korum tapered rig sleeves over the hooklength knot and swivel, these help to kick the hooklength away from the lead or feeder.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I made some up once from JR long tubes, about 8 or 9 inches, but they still didn't cut out tangles completely. I tend to use bolt rig safety clips and some tubing these days, but even that isn't guaranteed.

I reckon the fish do it on purpose.

jcs

Reaction score
Thank's for all your replie's and tip's and tight line's to you all.
Nigel (manu31999)

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I used to make my own from a John Roberts large bore ledger beads and some of his stiff rig tube (which is how he makes his). I can't seem to buy the large bore ones locally any more, but using normal ledger beads and a tail rubber seems to work just as well.