best bug spray?

supgen

Reaction score
my last trip was a nightmare during sunset- we got eaten alive literally- I didnt stop itching for a few days after and was left with loads of small red spots from the bites- can anyone reccomend a decent spray or lotion?

many thanks :D

Reaction score
Mozzoff

Mozzgone

Mozzblock

Mozzit

Repellamozz

Mozzgo

GnatAttak - good for mozzies too

BiteBak

MidgIT

MozzAMO (contains Ammonia)

RepellIT

Bug Barrier

Some sun creams also have insect repellants in them.

Also, carry a stick of Afterbite for when you do get bitten.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Mozzoff

Mozzgone

Mozzblock

Mozzit

Repellamozz

Mozzgo

GnatAttak - good for mozzies too

BiteBak

MidgIT

MozzAMO (contains Ammonia)

RepellIT

Bug Barrier

Some sun creams also have insect repellants in them.

Also, carry a stick of Afterbite for when you do get bitten.

If i still got bit after putting all that lot on, i would shove the Afterbite up the Manufacturers 4R5E :D

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
EC's Avo Skin So Soft, but I have the grey bottles of Dry Oil Spray.
Also try Boots, Tropical Insect Repellent/Jungle Formula, again I have the spray. For after bites, anthrisan or antihistamine cream, again Boots do one.
You could also try a mossie net for your head and wear some latex or surgical gloves, you might look a prat but they work.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I use Avon skin so soft as it keeps me young looking and handsome lol:D.
The bottles I have are blue.

I don't use insect repelents as I'm a bit nervous of what goes in em, you might be spraying yourself with pesticides, DDT and the likes:eek:.

Last edited:

The Piker

Reaction score
The main thing to look for is that it contains deet,this chemical is vital to the products success...

With most you just as well spray water on your self..

---------- Post added at 04:06 ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 ----------

Deet....DIETHYL-META-TOLUAMIDE.....

It was first invented and used by the us army in 1946,for protection of mosquito bites...

It can be oily and can cause a rash in some people.Smells a bit of lemons.

It irritates the nasel passage...

The best is REPEL,which is 95% DEET...:w

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
My wife uses Avon skin so soft (she gets bitten to death when gardening if she doesn't) but it is the pink bottle, didn't know different colours made any difference other than the pong. Keith Arthur has been promoting it for years and look how pretty he is :wh

A

alan whittington

Well ive used the Avon stuff and found it next to useless,the b*****s like my flavour,i find boots own spray as good as any.
And i agree with Stealth about the use for the 'afterbite'(although my spelling would be different,Lol.

Last edited:

norbert darby

Reaction score
avon

avon skin so soft. got put on to it by fly fishing guides from dartmoor. it isnt actually a repellant, but a skin conditioner. fished dartmoor reservoir, clouds of mozzies, not one bite. all so, i looked all "soft and beautifull" after! not like the rough assed fisher man i normally look like!

A

alan whittington

Welcome Norbert,was that whilst wearing your best pink waders lol:D,seriously though i find if you walk and start sweating slightly the 'skin so soft' stuff is totally ineffective(for me anyway).

Marker

Reaction score
i carry two repellants, jungle formula (deet) and avon skin so soft (citronella), if one doesn't work the other usually does;):cool:

coelacanth

Reaction score
DEET is nasty stuff, melts plastics (including polaroids, cameras, binoculars, reel parts), unless you are heading somewhere where flying insects can be vectors for harmful diseases you're better off with DEET-free. It also bioaccumulates according to some research, and is particularly toxic to aquatic life.