I think I have fallen out of l've with coarse fishing

Specihunter

Reaction score
Well I don't know if it's the season so far but I don't have the same enthusiam for coarse fishing and rediscovered my love for sea fishing. After the last few weeks I have caught from weymouth garfish ,pollock , mackeral and wrasse and from Portsmouth red mullet and 2lb 12 oz bass in awful weather . Now on my time off I want to go sea fishing . Oh and I'm not selling my coarse stuff .

Bluenose

Reaction score
Sea fishing is ace as a change of scenery. One of the things I miss since I moved house is not being on the Mersey on a winters evening, although the fishing (for me at least) was never first class, the atmosphere of the inky black sea at night in winter is difficult to beat.

Specci, enjoy what you're doing mate, it won't be long before a coarse fishing situation or opportunity arises and rekindles that particular flame.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Sorry M'lud nothing is up for sale though your 3rd in the cue . Cakey never you would miss me too much . Ec you could be right plus maybe I need to find the FUN again .

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
You've hit the nail on the head the head there speci, FUN. And don't sell your gear. I did just that when I got in to flyfishing, needless to say, some 10 years laetr I got dispirited with the fly, too many waters, too many fish all the same and falling to the same patterns. I suppose I lost inclination and thought process. Cost me a fortune getting kitted up again for the coarse which I enjoyed. Sometimes it's a case of just somewhere new and different. I'm back into the fly again but had a trip out last week on a comercial. Sometimes you can get too much of a good thing or be too successful.
have FUN.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I love fishing, even when i hate it.

I get my first foot out of the car and it starts raining.
My float is being held up in the water by an invisble magical force that refuses to let it go under even though i'm convinced that there is a abundance of specimen sized fish swooning all around the hookbait.
When 1 leaf falls off a tree into a 5 acre pool and it always manages to attach itself to my Float.
When i get snagged up and i pull for a break, and my top 2 section slides out of my hand in slow motion and shoots straight in to the lake 10 metres out and i have to strip off and go swimming after it and it's February.

Why do i love fishing so much ?

I know that the next time i go something different will always happen.

I travelled 20 miles to a fishery, got all my kit set up and then realised i had left my bait in the Garage at home, devestated i started to pack up to return home, an angler a few pegs away, said, going already you've just got here, i told him what had happened, between him and his friends they all gave me some maggots and pellets and some sweetcorn, i was really really shocked and embaressed, i offered to pay them for the bait but they would have none of it. That's what makes fishing special, just when you think your luck is down and out, up pops a surprise, it might even be just 1 little fish.

A

alan whittington

Speci,i can understand your sentiments after the poor start on old father Thames(im sure people dont believe us),hope it improves for its a long way to the coast every week.P.S. caught my first Thames barbel of the season yesterday,yippee.