Decent bivvy on a budget

M

MCMILLIGAN

Can any one recommend a decent bivvy on a budget of 150 quid ?

Kind regards mcmilligan

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Kind regards mcmilligan

I've got the TFG force 8 2 man bivvy and it's great. I got it out and mastered erecting and de erecting it in the garden before taking it out on the bank. I bought mine off ebay brand new for £119 including post. I also have a shakespear Cypry camo 2 man ....cost 45 notes and worth every penny but takes 2o minuites to erect.
I used to have a Trakker Armadilo but just can't understand where they get there crazy hyped up prices from and find the TFG and Shakespear to be very satisfactory and much, much better value for money.

richiekelly

Reaction score
have a look at the chub cyfish comes with heavy duty groundsheet and a winter wrap they are well made i havent had any problems with mine

strut5a

Reaction score
I've got to go along with Tigger, I've had a Force8 bivvy for about three years and can't fault it.

Dal

Reaction score
I use the JRC, Dave Lane STI "Brolly", when they say Brolly, it's really a bivvie but a pram hood type and is erected in about 2 or 3 minutes, totally water-proof, comes with a good ground sheet and really good heavy duty pegs. They are so good that the "Tackle Box" at Dartford have re-introduced them into their range. I don't know the current price but I paid about £120 for mine about 4 years ago. I also bought the outer/winter skin for about £80 that comes with the extended ground sheet and another set of pegs. When using the outer skin you can fit 2 bed chairs in as well.

Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JRC-STI-BROLL...s_RL?hash=item1c09439acd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Just found this on Flea bay, you could probably get this a bit cheaper.

Paul B

Reaction score
I'd back up the vote for the chub cyfish, a bit heavy if you don't have a barrow though.
The new wychwood solace bivvies seem to be getting good reviews, 2 rib model and wrap goes for £150 or 3 rib(has a peak at the front) £149 without wrap. reasonable weight and fit in a quiver.

I keep going back to my Chub reflex brolly (same as jrc stealth) with zip on front though as it's so versatile. not as warm in winter as a bivvy and wrap though as you don't get the air gap between the two layers. Maybe more condensation inside too, I never have the door down on mine so doesn't bother me :)

M

MCMILLIGAN

i have seen a chub cyfish today what a piece of kit. So i have been reading some reviews and when one comes up on ebay will have a bid lets hope i win and cheers for the replys. I am only 15 and have been saving my money from work for 8 weeks

Colin W

Reaction score
I use the JRC, Dave Lane STI "Brolly", when they say Brolly, it's really a bivvie but a pram hood type and is erected in about 2 or 3 minutes, totally water-proof, comes with a good ground sheet and really good heavy duty pegs. They are so good that the "Tackle Box" at Dartford have re-introduced them into their range. I don't know the current price but I paid about £120 for mine about 4 years ago. I also bought the outer/winter skin for about £80 that comes with the extended ground sheet and another set of pegs. When using the outer skin you can fit 2 bed chairs in as well.

Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JRC-STI-BROLL...s_RL?hash=item1c09439acd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Just found this on Flea bay, you could probably get this a bit cheaper.

hi bud, i would go with the jrc defender easy to erect and put away with or without groundsheet and winter skin lightweight ,had one for a year used it a lot its never let me down. any high winds or torrential rain it can handle it easy.

Reaction score
Bivvy

I have got the Daiwa Limpit Bivvy no complaints came with generous bag ground sheet screw pegs mosie door which you can zip in 3 No tension bars approx 3ft easy to carry.Also its taller easy to get in and out important below your budget
Regards
Michael Morrison

Reaction score

Kind regards mcmilligan
yes under your budget shop around daiwa limpet bivvy one man came with generous bivvy bag ground sheet 3No tension bars screw in pegs packed away 3ft high approx i have used no complaints. Michael