Barbel trip

tommyyyyyyyy

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm going for my first barbel trip on the Avon and just need a bit of advice, I'm gonna use a a feeder with hemp pellet and luncheon meat with meat on the hair rig and then after an hour switch to a led bomb with meat on hair rig feeding by catapult. Does this sound about right and any advice is great thanks

Tommy

klik2change

Reaction score
There's no reason why that shouldnt work well. Why dont you take some of your boilies - and sweetcorn too? I hope your tackle is strong enough. You need 8lb line really. If you have learned to tie your own hooklengths, use long ones. I am sure you have read a lot on the site so you will have a good idea of what to do. Good luck! I hope you catch a monster! :):)

Stick_Float

Reaction score
Perhaps using a baitdropper or/and PVA instead of a catapult you'll be more accurate in you're loosefeeding as it will go straight to the bottom with your hookbait? Just a thought! Good luck pal.

tommyyyyyyyy

Reaction score
Hi I'm using 10lb hook links i tied my self and they Vary sizes but I have some long ones I'll bring some sweetcorn and I got a few squid boilies the Avon I'm fishing is in dorset by the new forest on a holiday park called sandy balls and I'm going later today if the tackle shop shop sells pva then I'll get some.

Cheers
Tommy

Last edited: