Bait Tart?

klik2change

Reaction score
Most people would think a tackle tart is an angler who has to have all the latest kit and loves showing it off.

But I always like to make sure I have the right bait! :)

For most of my fishing I almost always use just ONE type of boilie, [halibut], along with hemp, red band, trout pellets, belachan and bloodmeal pellets. That might seem a long enough list to some.

YET - I carry maybe a dozen different types of boilie, with glugs, some frozen, some shelf life, large and medium elips pellets, 20mm, 12mm halibut pellets, I always buy a couple of pints of mixed coloured maggots, I usually carry a loaf of bread,some tins of sweetcorn, 2 types of meat, and two flavours of Pepperami.

No, this not my small river list...:)

klik2change

Reaction score
What no worms?

The tackle shop [only one within reach] doesnt sell worms. I carry a trowel to dig up my own. I used to have a worm farm but I cant where I live now. I also pour water on a bit of grass and put my old unhooking mat over it to encourage them to come up.

Bluenose

Reaction score
The tackle shop [only one within reach] doesnt sell worms. I carry a trowel to dig up my own. I used to have a worm farm but I cant where I live now. I also pour water on a bit of grass and put my old unhooking mat over it to encourage them to come up.

There's a few decent places that do wrigglies by mail order mate.

I've tried to limit what I now take when barbel fishing, 1 type of boilie and 1 pellet type for hookbait but also a mixed pellet concoction for groundbait. I take what I've actually got in the garage/freezer, don't feel the need to have a 'brand', although some 'brands' I do have faith in.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I am a strong believer in brands....Kingsmill 50/50 one loaf, plus two loaves of liquidised 50/50. That's it, job done and I won't be swapping and changing all day long, like I used to...

Bluenose

Reaction score
With chub I just take bread, any bread providing it's white. If I can eat it, it's good enough for the fishies.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
But I always like to make sure I have the right bait!

How do you know it's the right bait? By the time you have tried them all and chucked some of each in you have proberbly b*ggered the swim anyway and may have been better served by using a single method and sticking with it.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Now I will need to buy every type of magic bread as well - just to be on the safe side! Sometimes in the past I have carried white AND wholemeal bread, plus liquidised bread [mixed].

Is it human grade bread? Central question...?

The only magic bread I know is The Corkers loaf and it's very expensive and rare :D

slime monster

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of several fishing days when I have spent all evening preparing bait and gone out to have a s#ite day
other days when a few tins of the cheapest corn have been thrown in a bag a fantastic day has been had.