Bloody carp

Shine

Reaction score
About 1 in 10 to 15 carp I catch there is blood coming from the mouth. Is there anything that I can do to reduce this even more or is it just something that happens. ie, having to pull the fish away from snags, poor hook hold, damage to the fish already there etc. I always carry Kryston Klin-Ik with me incase of this or other damage to the fish. I hate seeing a fish like this. Here I am posing with my trophy unaware of how bad the mouth damage had become. When I took the hook out there was no blood. Feel a prat every time I look at this but I want to know is there anything I can do?

bloodymouth1152x864380x285.jpg

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I tried Drennan Continental Boilie Hooks once, and had the exact same problem, i went back to using my Kamasan Salmon and Trout Hooks and didn't notice any real probelms and definately no were near as bad as the Drennan ones.

Bill Cox

Reaction score
Photoshop!!!!

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

See, No sh*tn Shylock.

Exactly Ray!! We are in the business of putting sharp metal hooks into fish flesh, of course there will be blood and sometimes more then others, its inevitable. Use a good pattern hook as opposed to a cheap rough and ready hook and theres not much else you can do.:)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
It's a bit like when you nick youself having a shave, sometimes nothing other times it's like you have slit your throat.

Shine

Reaction score
Photoshop!!!!

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

See, No sh*tn Shylock.

Fair enough. I was asking because I thought I might have been able to do something about it apart from give up fishing that is. Obviously not.

I use korda wide gap b 90% of the time.