Damaged Daiwa Sr1 Pole

carpcatcher

Reaction score
HI Guys

Tonight I damaged my daiwa sr1 pole landing a rather large carp. There is a inch long split in the 4th section, where the pole joins the 3rd section (top kit). Was wondering if any of you guys had used North West Pole Repairs and if so what was their service like?

Also does anyone know where I can get a replacement section from, as ive not need able to locate one so far.

Thanks in advance for for your replies.

CarpCatcher

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I used them a few years ago and they did a cracking job, couldn't even see where they had done it. Far cheaper than buying a new section, and they picked it up from the door and delivered it back 5 days later.

I wonder why Daiwa poles always have a problem with weak No. 4 sections?

Last edited:

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Graham, so you used North West Pole Repairs? Think I'll give them a go. Is it a common problem then with the 4th sections on Daiwa poles?

A friend of mine had his SR4 snap at the 7th section the other week in the wind. Beginning to wonder how good a pole manufactor they really are?

Considering getting a Beastmaster for margin lumps when i get the cash together.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I used them a few years ago and they did a cracking job,

Chose better wording Graham, please. :D

Do you use these, btw, Carpcatcher?
jwmarginp2g.jpg

carpcatcher

Reaction score
No I dont Wolfman. Could explain the advantages of those and how do you fit them?
Would you use them on every section?

And finally where can I get some from?

Sorry for all the questions not totally new to fishing but still got a lot to learn.

Thanks for all the replies.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Even the top of the range Daiwa poles seem to have a problem with No. 4 sections but of course it is the section that takes the most pressure. For close in work it is much better to use a margin pole but that doesn't mean they won't break as well but cheaper to replace, I use a pull bung so I can play the carp on the top two, much safer.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
happened just as i was unshipping. I was using Black Hydro and couldn't seem to get enough control think over the fish. I'll have to set the tention tighter as i think i had it far to soft and it was running me all over the place.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm interested in items suggested by Wolfman. Does anyone know where i can get some from. I think they would of stop the damaged which has occurred

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Thanks Graham

Do you know where I can get some from tho?, I've seen others but they dont look as good as those shown in the picture

Kind Regards

Carpcatcher

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Most tackle shops should sell them.

I like the clean cap system, as it actually cleans out the sections as you unship them, and if you do happen to drop your pole section in to the water, the pole section will float and not sink, making it a lot easier for you to get it back.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Thanks Viper

Do you know who makes the clean cap system?

Its something that wasnt mentioned when I brought the pole, do they come in different sizes?

Carpcatcher

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
They're made by Maver, and yes they come in different sizes.

I think they start around 9mm and go up to 33mm.

Do you have any tackle shops near you?

If you do, just take your pole in, and ask them if they have any that will fit your pole sections.

alec the carper

Reaction score
supposedly a broke my freinds no.4 section:mad: on the sr1 and i was just wondering how long it would take fishing spares to deliver it does eny 1 no ??? thanks