2 piece waterproof suits

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Thermal for preference but doesn't have to be and not necessarily Realtree or whatever!
What are your recommendations??

Colin

Bluenose

Reaction score
Sundridge gear always gets good reviews Colin, I've had an Igloo 2 pce which I had for about 6-7 years, and have currently got a Bracken.

What's your budget mate?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Colin,
I have had the Bracken EC has just got for a number of years, Great bit of kit. I bought the Bib and Brace with the short Jacket.

The reason I went for the short jacket means that I can have this on with my chest waders, and have stood in the rain for hours and not had any trouble from leaks. The one time I did get a leak was when I had a holdall on my shoulder, this put pressure on the outer skin and pushed the wet into the material, but it has never leaked since. The Bib and Brace have stood up to plenty of mud and rain, nice and warm also.

I bought my son the Korda gear, not cheap, but again top bit of kit. One of my mates has the Pro Logic gear, again very good, at the end of the day, it's down to cost, but for me, I would rather pay that bit more for the right gear.

Good luck

A

alan whittington

Check out PROTAK Colin its not too dear and is good gear,they only advertise in certain mags so i would try google.

---------- Post added at 06:37 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Well Colin ive checked on google and its the tr range ive got comes in a range of colours including olive,with quite a range of different items to choose from.

r1paul

Reaction score
Thats spot on Fred, makes a right mess :wh
I`m looking for a one peice, Sundridge did a great one a few years ago ,strong , waterproof , I had two but the second one as had it now .:(

Reaction score
Sundridge Blizzard two-piece ----swear by it. (Although I'd prefer a colour other than blue!!)

Coupled with my thermal vests and long johns plus my craghopper quilted troos...snug as a bug in winter.....although Fred is correct...plan your toilet needs in advance.

(read - "Planning Your Toilet Needs in Advance" - a compilation of the saner writings of M.Corker - a slim volume)

Posh Cough Splutterers

Dal

Reaction score
Sundridge all the way for a fully water proof suit, I've also got the TF Gear force 8 suit but yet to use it in torrentail rain.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thermal for preference but doesn't have to be and not necessarily Realtree or whatever!
What are your recommendations??

Colin

Well, 2 years ago I opted for the Wychwood Winter 2 piece suit.

It has a ¾ length jacket, well insulated and plenty of pockets, and a Bib and Brace type trousers that are really warm.

Totally waterproof, and I've had mine in some absolute deluges too.

The trousers have zip up sections at the bottom for ease of getting on over boots, and velco fatsenings so you don't look like an olive-clad sailor in bell bottoms, (and for Fred) a proper fly zip for when taken 'short'

r1paul

Reaction score
Just been on to the Daiwa website , as they have taken Sundridge over , but can`t find any Sundridge clothing, very little in the clothing dept at all , unless I missed it ??:(

Robert Woods

Reaction score
Dopn't put your long johns on back to front like I did last winter...it was a cold & windy day on Ribble...!!!

r1paul

Reaction score
I was well chuffed when I found the Sundridge IQ two piece suit on the Fishingwarehouse site , sent them a email on wednesday , no replie , sent another yesterday , then had a look again on the site , they had pulled it off , fair enough , they cocked up , I would say that they don`t sell that suit anymore , but did I get a replie to that effect ? Did I bol&$cks , so it would be fair to say that I won`t be buying from them at all .:(

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Have these Bracken ones a fly front, the only anti I have with the Sundridge suits,and I'm on my second, is that you have to almost undress just to have a pee!

I'm not boasting of anything chaps, but I thought that's what the zip on the bottom of the trouser leg was for.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I got a sundridge two piece/bib and brace thermal suit for sale.The coat has a lining that unbuttons and its the dogs doo dahs !!! It`s never seen water,never been out of the house,i`ve only ever tried it on once.I brought it with the best of intentions but have just never used it.
I paid £70 for it in a sale from a dealer on e-bay but i`d let it go for £50 no offers if someone wanted it ???

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I've had the Korum 2 piece for about a year now. It's got a decent lining which keeps you warm in winter, but which can be renoved for Summer use.

It's been totally waterproof and, unlike many jackets, the hood is a decent size. The only slight niggle is that the jacket is 3/4 length and the bib and brace is cut high so you end up with a lot of material around the middle if you're sitting down. It would have been better with a shorter jacket.

r1paul

Reaction score
Now that I can`t find any Sundridge gear and need a good warm winter suit for pike fishing , total waterproof and warm , I`m now looking at these : www.tackleup.com/prologic_max4.htm , not bothered about the cam affect but at £200 sob`s , I want the D`s B`s , anybody got them , if so , are they worth the money ?:confused: :w

Last edited: