Spodding Reel

R

Robert Woods

Can anyone recommend a reel for spodding.I use a Ryobi 7000 at the moment but I want one with more winding power[It must hane a good line clip].For fishing I use Emblem 5000 S's.Would another one do or maybe a
Airlex 7000?.

S

Steve Parsons

If you are happy with your Emblems,then why not get another.I prefer a higher retrieve reel for spod work,as the Aerlex is slower i use this on my marker rod.

C

Craig w

I have a Large spool Shimmano real that cost ?27.00 for my spod & also one for my marker rod, it hast no bait runner or anything but has huge line capacity a massive spool and is perfect for the spod, They retrieve well but not at the high speeds very expensive reals have. I can cast a long way with it, I found no need for expensive reals on a spod or marker.

A

Anthony Coser

I got a Ryobi Masterline beachcaster and beach reel with a huge tapered spool for ?45 for both and they are perfect workhorse spod gear,perfect for massive spods full of boilies and hemp.Filled the reel with 12lb with a shock leader and it keeps on going

R

Robert Woods

Thanks for the feedback.What is the difference between the 5000 & 5050 Emblems...does the 5050 have a bigger spool diameter?

C

Chris Betts

I use the EMS5000T for both spooding and marker work. I also use the old Blue EMZ5500T for all my fishing. The 5500 spool is deeper, so it holds more line but not really an advantage in fishing terms. For the record my 5500 spools are built up with backing so they hold about 250-300 yards of 12lb line.

P

Paul Thompson

Aerlex 8000 GT FB, or the Emblem S 4500T, for spod and marker...

R

Robert Woods

Thanks for you advice...I think I will go for another matching Emblem 5000 S.

C

Carp Angler

Poingdestres
and
Birdstackle
are both doing them for ?65.
Postage is ?4 from Pongos, but I can't get any indication of P+P from the Birds site.

In any case, if your local is doing them for anywhere close to ?70, then you should be OK.

C

Cakey

I got three for sale loaded with new diawa duo for ?100 if your interested.

C

Carp Angler

Sounds like a bargain Cakey.

Put them in the classifieds, they'll sell quick enough.

C

Cakey

I would if some one tells me how to delete the ad when I've had enough of the phone calls.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Cakey, From the classifieds section click on 'my classifieds'. This will display all the classified ads you currently have on FM. At the bottom you'll see a delete button.............