anybody got any experience with a tracker a-lite shelter

gator1215

Reaction score
Hello

anybody got any experience with a tracker a-lite shelter, its either this or a TFGear F8 day shelter...

i am skint (arn't we all) lol, but i need a day shelter and i am stuck, i don't like brollies

Paul B

Reaction score
A lad at work has one. We went for a week to Richworth Linear and Carl had it set up easily and quickly. They seem quite big; with the wrap on I reckon you'd get 2 bedchairs in because carl had his bedchair pointing to the door rather than sideways. He's made up with it.

Just to confuse you further, have you seen the wychwood solace 2 rib shelter? quite light and only £70ish.http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17058
Also available as a bivvy with a zip on front for £99.

gator1215

Reaction score
A lad at work has one. We went for a week to Richworth Linear and Carl had it set up easily and quickly. They seem quite big; with the wrap on I reckon you'd get 2 bedchairs in because carl had his bedchair pointing to the door rather than sideways. He's made up with it.

Just to confuse you further, have you seen the wychwood solace 2 rib shelter? quite light and only £70ish.http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17058
Also available as a bivvy with a zip on front for £99.

thanks for the reply...

i will have a look now, i am going to buy a bivvy aswell, i want a day shelter for days and a bivvy for the weekends or so, like i said i want a day shelter because me and brollies dont get on and the mrs wants to come with me on day sessions, so now you have said your friend can get his bedchair in easily, i should have no problem getting 2 chairs in...

Paul B

Reaction score
You can use the a-lite on it's own as a bivvy (no front though) or with the wrap if you want a door and a bit more warmth for cooler weather ; no need to buy a seperate bivvy!

gator1215

Reaction score
You can use the a-lite on it's own as a bivvy (no front though) or with the wrap if you want a door and a bit more warmth for cooler weather ; no need to buy a seperate bivvy!

Cheers paul, i know what you mean, i just feel that an added wrap is not a bivvy? i am more than likely wrong, lol, but i just feel that a shelter is a shelter, and a bivvy is a bivvy, if you know what i mean, like i said i bet i am wrong, and any info to prove me wrong i will will listen too...

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Hello

anybody got any experience with a tracker a-lite shelter, its either this or a TFGear F8 day shelter...

i am skint (arn't we all) lol, but i need a day shelter and i am stuck, i don't like brollies

I have replied on your other thread suggesting you look at the Trakker A Light before seeing this thread ;)

you really would be hard pushed to beat the value & versatility of either the JRC STI Brolly & overwrap or JRC Defender Brolly & Overwrap or the Trakker A Light & overwrap ..... all these are of similar design & have excellent reputation by people that have used for many a session. They all will double as either a large day session shelter or with an overwrap an excellent bivvy.

gator1215

Reaction score
I have replied on your other thread suggesting you look at the Trakker A Light before seeing this thread ;)

you really would be hard pushed to beat the value & versatility of either the JRC STI Brolly & overwrap or JRC Defender Brolly & Overwrap or the Trakker A Light & overwrap ..... all these are of similar design & have excellent reputation by people that have used for many a session. They all will double as either a large day session shelter or with an overwrap an excellent bivvy.

cheers mate, as long as the a-lite can fit 2 chairs under it i will buy that