My first sturgeon

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Hi all, I`ve not been on here for a while now due to other commitments but thats another story. I went out to the secret lake in the UK I`ve been going on about and yes some of you may know of the lake but thats down to you to say and I know it wont get swomped with anglers as I got a deal as I know the owner and it cost me £100 for my trip and people just won`t pay that but thats there choice and yes I`m going back and can`t wait. There were a few guys that blanked god that must of hurt there wallet he he he gutted.
Anyway no big cats were landed but I had a 45lb and a 51lb sturgeon and by christ they put up a good fight and my mates each had a 60lb+ sturgeon. I got a pic of the 45lb but the 51lb was on the disposable camera. So here it is
Meanda45lbsturgeon.jpg

Meanda45lbsturgeon3.jpg

Meanda45lbsturgeonthesaferelease.jpg

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Nice fish and good fishing, well done mate.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

What does fight the hardest ? a Sturgeon or a Catfish ?

Theres only one way to find out...............................................
FIGHT

Reaction score
Wow, that's a beast!

Well done Dan! :)

What's the deal with stocking sturgeon then? Are these the same species of sturgeon they used to catch in our rivers in the late 1800s or are these a different imported strain?

Rickrod

Reaction score
Thats a stunning fish Dan well done that man

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Well done Dan.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Dan I've sent you a private message.

emms1985

Reaction score
EPIC. good cats and especially sturgeon i assume are NOT easy to find. look like a seriously good use of time, making a change from the carp game. i may have a bash at some cats. as i know of an 80 in a lake that i can fish.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Hi to all, its been a while. I`d have to say pound for pound catfish fight harder but sturgeon jump out of the water which is mad due to the size of them beasts. The one I had was a diamondback sturgeon. Can`t wait till it warms up again to get out fishing.

lotabot

Reaction score
The sturgeon native to the UK is the European sea sturgeon (Acipenser sturio) which is listed as critically endangered by the UICN, as there is now just one river in France where they breed. The sturgeon in the picture looks like a Siberian Sturgeon (Acipenser baerii) listed as endangered by the UICN. You can check out the other 23 sturgeon species at

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon"]Sturgeon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Welcome to FM Lotabot. It's a very old thread you've posted on, easy to do when visiting a new site. Theres a date in the top left of the post window indicating the date of each post which might help. And selecting Quick Links from the horizonal menu (r. hand side) will give you links to Todays Posts which are the most recent.