REDMIRE......Help!!!!

S

steve shelley

I have the unenviable task of having to fish at Redmire, in september, for 5 days and nights. As this is the most significant thing in my fishing career, I wondered if anyone who has had the good fortune to fish there before has any advice for me. Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. Steve Shelley.

A

Anthony Coser

I recommend going to www.fishingwarehouse.co.uk go to the search facility and simply type in Redmire i am sure Paul Selman has fished the place before and maybe did an article on it as well,so look in the article section.Good luck for Sept.

C

Carp Angler

There's an article here, but it's more atmospheric than instructional, which probably sums up the place anyway.
I believe the biggest fish barely scrapes 30 and topped 37 when spawnbound.

If you're into the history then it will probably appeal.

S

steve shelley

To carp angler.
What a nice piece, the stuff of dreams.
I've been told it now holds 60 carp and with regular netting, the smallest goe's 14Ib. It still has the famous gudgeon, and apparently quite a lot of eels. this info was given to me and my mate by Les Bamford, I'm sure you are familiar with that name.
Anyway as you suggested, just being there and imagining things in my head will be an experience all of uts own. Catching a fish or two! well that would be a bonus. thanks muchly for the piece. It was excellent and is now printed and in with my fishing bits forever. many thanks Steve.

S

steve shelley

TO STU AND ANTHONY.
Thanks very much for the web sites I will get on them asap. Its nice to know that there are still people out there willing to share with others. It certainly makes a change from these closed rank individuals, that believe, sharing advice and information may in some way adversely affect there chances in future! Thanks again Steve.