Boilie flavour combinations

Andyw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a while!! I've got hold of my own boilie rolling kit and I'm delving into making my own. I was looking for advice on flavour combinations that would be effective from now onwards through the winter months?

I have several flavours, cajousers and essential oils. I'm aware of the usual faves like Pineapple and Tutti Frutti... Was thinking of some a little bit different?

All advice appreciated

Regards

Andy

Andyw

Reaction score
I have Scopex from Solar, what kind of additives are good with it?

I also have some Robin Red, how would that be best utilised within a boilie?

I have fruit, spice and cream flavours... Mainly Nutrbaits

quickcedo

Reaction score
Personally I like to use spicier flavours during the colder months. These seem to work better than the sweeter ones (something to do with the thermogenic effect) Robin Red is a great starting point. Use the nutrabaits little black book for guidance on amounts etc.

Andyw

Reaction score
Thanks Mark... I do have a small amount of Robin Red from a local pet shop... Will have a look at some flavours that might work with it

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, a lot of the base mixes that companies produce have recipes on the back of their packets, with several combinations, i would start there.

darrengeorge

Reaction score
> I seem to remember reading somehwere that robin red is actually paprika. Does anyone know if this is true

It almost certainly contains a proportion of paprika, among other things.

It is a trade secret and very very few people would be privvy to such info. There are theories and rumours, some more accurate than others, but nobody really knows exactly.

Incidentally, paprika is a good source of vitamin C, a clue, perhaps as to it's effectiveness...

issimmo

Reaction score
My favorite combination is 5ml S&O and 3ml strawberry per kilo of dry mix. In winter I use the same combination only I change to ethil alchool flavours. As for the mix I use SBS S&O mix in the summer while in winter I go for Solar S&O which is a birdfood base mix,+ some milk proteins throughn in for good measure.
The boilies that resulted from the mixes has caught me some real beautys on the Danube which is impotant to me coz the fish are not used to eat boilies.

Foxy

Reaction score
i always use black pepper

Quorky, do you know if there is a difference in the black pepper oil that you buy from tackle shops as opposed to the aroma theropy oils? im assuming they are both the same??

Frothey

Reaction score
an essential oil is an essential oil - they are the same if they are oils as opposed to flavours.

where do you think bait companies get them from........