Avanti Azure

kimberfoster

Reaction score
Has any1 got, used or know anything about the Avanti azure range. Inparticular the multi tip fedder rod and barbel rod. They look nice and have a good price tag. All opinions will be helpful.

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/acatalog/avanti_rods_and_reels.html

Thinking of getting them but don't want to rush into it. If there are any rods out there for the same price but better please advise.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers

tortoise100

Reaction score
I have the Steel Shadow 13ft Power Waggler Rod and it is very good no complaints at all seems to compare with lots of the more expensive rods i considered at my local shop .
I did however go to dragon carp and get a feel for their rods just to know what i was getting .
The shop assistant did say that this perticular range (the£20 full carbon ones)were dawai blanks and after looking very closley it is possible to see a slight imperfection in the carbon on mine so my theory is that some of the azure rods might be re-labeled factory seconds.
I also have a shakespear ganza feeder rod and it is almost identicle except for the end of course ,in fact if it didn't say azure on it you would swear they were the same rod.
Same colours same eyes same fitment but different reel seats.
One thing I will say is that their web site is very out of date and lots of the things are out of stock so phone first if you know what you want.
Don't like the look of the cheap reels they sell either but I suppose they do the job.
Sorry it's not the exact rod your after.
Just seen you are from Derby go and have a look at the rods after checking out the angling centre it's only in hucknal about 30 minutes or less.
Oh and check out "go fishing with mathew and lucy "on you tube lots of places you will recognise near Derby.

Last edited:

tortoise100

Reaction score
Proberbly another way of saying fibreglass??
You might want to check out mularkys in burton since it's closer than dragon carp and they have some good stuff on the web site. just a thought since it's cheaper end rods your looking for, they do some rod deals with okuma reels for under £30 ! !