Float making

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Now that I am semi retired I have more time on my hands, and I would like to resume making floats again.

I have located a source of peacock quill, but I have drawn a blank on a UK site for sarkandas reed.

Is there anyone out there who could help please?

George387

Reaction score
Now that I am semi retired I have more time on my hands, and I would like to resume making floats again.

I have located a source of peacock quill, but I have drawn a blank on a UK site for sarkandas reed.

Is there anyone out there who could help please?

Gary you will struggle now as the reed has not been good for the last 2 years I normally get mine from a friend in norfolk but luckily stocked up a couple of years back and glad I did as none is available at the moment from him and he is a major distributor in UK. The only solution is if someone has an excess or keep an eye on ebay it comes up from time to time by people who buy it then decide its too much work for them.

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Gary,

If you have ever been up to Bewdley you will know Stan Lewis and his tackle shop in the town centre - Its fair (and pretty kind) to say that it isn't the most up-to-date or tidy tackle shop you would have ever visited.

Its worth a visit (even if its just to say you have experienced the shop) if you ever you venture over that way for a spot of barbel fishing on the Severn which is excellent.

Stan will also give you some advice / can sell you a day ticket for the strech he has on the Severn.

Did notice that he had a dusty supply of cob-webbed old raw peacock quill last year and so you never know he may have a stash of sarkandas tucked away somewhere in there as well.