Finally my first barbel!

dazdidge

Reaction score
After 36 years of fishing I caught my first barbel today - 9lbs 5oz from the Severn just above Shrewsbury!

After moving to Shrewsbury two weeks ago I thought It was time to sample the local fishing. I haven't fished a big river since I lived in York about 18 years ago. Another angler about 50 yards to my right had two chub for over 13lbs, which just shows the potential this river has.

Needless to say I'll be going back for more!:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After 36 years of fishing I caught my first barbel today - 9lbs 5oz from the Severn just above Shrewsbury!

After moving to Shrewsbury two weeks ago I thought It was time to sample the local fishing. I haven't fished a big river since I lived in York about 18 years ago. Another angler about 50 yards to my right had two chub for over 13lbs, which just shows the potential this river has.

Needless to say I'll be going back for more!:)

Well done:cool:.......Great in'it :D

Rickrod

Reaction score
well done John and such a big fish for your first one

jcs

Reaction score
Well done John thats a great first Barbel,Spot on.
I can alway's remember mine 5lb 14oz's from the BA.

Nigel (manu31999)

alcooper

Reaction score
Very well done mate. That's a good fish by anyone's standard and for a first - excellent! Takes me back to my first - about 1.5lb from Kings Weir (as it used to be many years ago) on the Lea. I couldn't believe how hard it fought compared to silver fish I was mainly catching in my sweet teens. That first barbel never turned me into a "barbel fanatic" back then (and I never did meet Fred Crouch who used to haunt Kings Weir in those days) but you don't forget the first!

Not quite sure why I had to rejoin??? but who cares anyway.