bait boats

S

steve southwick

having just started carping i mean
fishing for proper carp iam thinking
about buying a bait boat because being disabled i have problems casting could anybody suggest a good one and is there anybody out there selling one
thanks

A

ace carper

Hi Steve, there are a few different baitboats to choose from. The Angling technics baitboats are quite good and are usually the ones for sale. A second hand boat with a few accessories will cost around ?350. Before investing in a boat make sure they are allowed on your waters. But also be aware that they are not light to handle. Depending on the extent of your disability you may find it awkward to launch and retrieve from the water.
Regards Ace.

S

steve southwick

thanks ace i have just bought a boat
from brundall angling got a good deal
thanks for your advice tight lines

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
What did you get and what did you pay Steve as I'm in the market for one. If I waited for Cakey to build me one any longer, I'd be as old as him!

S

steve southwick

stuart its called the offloader carp boat
i paid 550 pounds you can check it out
at tackledirectory.com hope this helps

C

Cakey

Stuart
stick with the cat,it is an incredible piece of kit ,its 4 motors allow you to turn it on a sixpence and place your baits anywhere you want.
Also because it does not use props to drive it so weeds are not a problem.
A couple of other points that I like with mine is it has two hoppers so you can drop the right hand bait and loose feed move to the left postion and drop the left hand bait and loose feed,it has really bright led's that you can switch on and off from the controller this allows you to take the bait out and just before you drop the bait switch the leds on, when you drop the bait the leds go out for a couple of seconds to let you know that it has done it( Ive had other boats where you think you have dropped it and you bring it all back in ).
All this and a carry case for ?625 its a bargain honest !
I would of blanked in France without mine, the only problem I had is batteries but Ive now rectified that by buying some spare ones.

CAKEY

PS dont buy their batts go to the place in Lakeside I showed you, they are half the price.

M

Mike Lee

I can echo everything Cakey has said.
Remember how jarred off I was at the prospect of spodding at Linear.
I got the solar panel as well - no need for spare batteries...

C

Cakey

Mike
you dont get the runs that I get.

CAKEY

PS shut it Stuart.

B

Butcher Boy

Cakey

Whats the mircocat like when the wind gets up? And have you had any trouble with water getting into the battery compartment?

Steve

C

Cakey

Steve
Wind does not affect it at all due to it sitting quite low in the water.
When its choppy or raining I put gaffer tape over the battery compartments.

CAKEY

C

Cakey

If anyone is interested I have a copy of the Des Taylor video you can watch on how to use and what the cat can do