Not a mile off.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I've been fishing a few hit and run sessions for river perch over the past few weeks with a target in mind of a four pounder. I generally only fish for the first hour or so of light, and this morning there was a fantastic misty september start. I was ready to cast the moment I could see my float in the gloom. The first half hour was uneventful with only a perch of a pound or so making an appearance. I sat watching the sun trying to probe its way through the thick mist and was delighted to see a brazen fox saunter across the road bridge next to which I was fishing. He seemed in no hurry at all (And who would be on a morning like this?) and didn't notice me as I sat hunched near the river. I thought to myself, this will probably be my last visit for this season (the piking being about to kick off), and that aint a bad note to finish on. Within a minute of the fox disappearing into the gloom my float dived and after a short and torrid tussle I slipped the net under a new pb river perch of 3lbs 12ozs. Not quite the four I'd hoped for, but from a tiny fenland river it's not a bad fish. I'm a very happy chap this morning. :)

pbperch.jpg

Cakey

Reaction score
nice one Chris

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

with the stupid rules here I cant start until Thursday

Rickrod

Reaction score
Top fishing, well done Chris nice piccy too

Philip

Reaction score
A lovely fish, you can still see the mist too. Great when you get out early catch a nice fish and still be back in time for breakfast !

Well done.