Rig master

wyn11

Reaction score
Hi all. Has any one used one of the new rig masters. For tying hair rigs all the same size. Is it used just for the size of loops???. And the lenght of line. Ie hook to swivel..

Shine

Reaction score
What with that and the Solar rig cone I'm sure it wont be long until you have ... 'Rig-Mate', where someone does it all for you....

suppose you already have pre tied though.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I like how it said that it was suitable to be used with hooks from a size 2 to a size 22, why would you tie a hair rig to a size 22 hook :confused:

Although you dont need a loop/rig tyer,a small hair on a 22 hook is useful for spergluing a single grain of hemp to,when roach fishing on a stick or pole rig..

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
If i have to start supergluing small grains of Hemp to a hair rigged size 22 hook just to catch a fish, i'll wait until the better weather comes back.

wyn11

Reaction score
rig master

I don't know about this. What is it? Who makes it? What's the point of it?

Hi geoffmaynard. the stealph viper gave me the web site and yes it seems only to tie loops to the same size what a wast of 10 to 12 quid. think i will carry on tying my own.. PS it looks like a metal pen.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

http://www.rigmaster.co.uk/

Here is a link to the Rig Master, but really, i don't see the point of it :confused:

HI STEALPH VIPER. After looking at the site it dose seem to be pants cheers any way. saved me quids. I THINK SOME GADGETS ARE NOT WORTH A DIME..

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

What with that and the Solar rig cone I'm sure it wont be long until you have ... 'Rig-Mate', where someone does it all for you....

suppose you already have pre tied though.

HI SHINE ON .. NO IDO TIE MY OWN RIGS..just did not know what its use was by the looks and what it dose its pants..

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

I like how it said that it was suitable to be used with hooks from a size 2 to a size 22, why would you tie a hair rig to a size 22 hook :confused:

HI STEALPH VIPER.. YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT THANK YOU.. ALL KNOWING ONE... ON THIS FM site. keep up your good work for the web sites. you pass on to every one. BYE FOR NOW HOPE YOU CAN HELP SOME MORE TIMES CHEERS... PS I DID LOOK AT THE WEB SITE TA...

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

you can use it as a small vice when tying hooks

hi mr. Cholmondeley-corker yes you could... And if you put a nib on it you could write with it too ha ha. It dose look pants..for whot it can do like tie loops wow wee for a tener or more..i will save my cash wot say you..ta ta ..

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

it only does hair length not rig length

hi cakey. Thank you ..looked on web site tonight iam going to save my dosh and get some beer instead..cheers..

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

they should call it 'hair master'

a 'rig master' would come with a plank of wood with a series of nails kkocked into it...

what about the panal pins for the size 20 hooks

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

although you dont need a loop/rig tyer,a small hair on a 22 hook is useful for spergluing a single grain of hemp to,when roach fishing on a stick or pole rig..

hi peter crabtree i think i will give the superglue a miss more than likely get my fingers stuck too..cheers any way..

Shine

Reaction score
Very nicely replied to everyone :)

When I said you, I didnt mean you, I meant you as in everyone. you get me :D