Hello From Kent!

tony 7

Reaction score
hi everyone..

new to fishing forums, this place looked cool, so i joined, not sure what to put but here goes..

i went fishing about 7 years ago, pier fishing with a friend, since then i have always wanted to get into it again, but never had the time...

now i do...lol

i bought a freshwater rod/ reel etc from maidstone anagling along with my partner, she is happy with her set-up and float fishing, but having been to abbey lake and caught 20-30 small silver fish i wanted to go again the following week and try for some bigger fish, nothing majour, just half a pound fish would be nice....

anyway, i meet dave, and he said my set-up etc was all wrong, fixed all that, and said have i tryed legering... i had no idea what he ment,and so he set my rodup with a bait box, gave me some ground bait, a tin of sweet corn, and some hooks etc, and said watch your rod now..

well blow me..

my rod went crazy!!.. CARP!!!..

dave had left by now, but this thing was massive, i took my time, and had the clutch loose as i was not 100% on how to bring her in, but i did in the end, and was just over 4lb!..

what a stunner, i cast again, and BANG!... another, bigger.. i was in fishing heaven...

as the day went on, i caught 7-10 carp all over 4lbs but on my last cast, this beast of a carp grabed the sweetcorn, and went crazy, it was MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

i am only running 4lb line, and as i spent 25-30 playing with her, on the final thrust as the landing net went in, SNAP... line, and everything went, i was gutted!...

even since saturday, all i keep thinking about is the one that got away.. i was well gutted.. ( how sad! )..

anywa, i am using a kingfisher 12ft rod, and a shimano (sp?) reel, with 4lb main line..

what i would like,is for someone to now actually infom me of a good rod/ reel set-up, its the bigger fish i love, no just carp, any!.. but i do believe i need to upgrade a little..

anyway, thats me, nice to meet you all, and il be sticking around...lol

tony 7

Reaction score
Thanks
Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC)..

im still new to it all, but i am already eyeing up a nice carp set-up...lol

Reaction score
Don't be so vague gotackle!!!! Herne Bay/Margate way??? That covers a multitude of sins...and good Shepherd Neame Pubs....and you know it?

And why buy your tackle in Maidstone when you could have popped into Blean Angling? Are you banned from the Canterbury area???

A true Kentish mystery!! (If you want to be technically correct...a true Man of Kent mystery)

Then what do I know....I only live in Stockport:cool::cool:

Poshers (OM)

Olim memenisse juvabit

tony 7

Reaction score
sorry my bad, i actually live in medway, rochester..

hence the maidstone angaling..

i visit hern bay alot, thats why i mentioned it, incase it was easier for people...lol

but im from Rochester, Kent..
if anyone wanted to meet,and go fishing, i go Every weekend, saturday and sundays. :)

tony 7

Reaction score
lol..

is anyone else around that area?.. be nice to go fishing, and meet up. :)

tony 7

Reaction score
hahaha...

well its mid week, you deserve it im sure!