Good day ticket for H Avon/Royalty gone bad?

Jimbo

Reaction score
Hi all, we are down for a few days and again struggling. We fished Bisterne and had one good Chub. Now its closed we were going to the Royalty. We've heard that its been hammered to death and very over crowded, plus canoes and boats using the water. Anyone else found this??

Any reports on Lifelands? What about the Stour, is there is lots of breakins on Throop? Any other suggestions??

Cheers,

James

joecon

Reaction score
Hi, to be honest i have only a been down there a couple of times and it was busy then, a mate of mine has been there several times and he has said that at times people are running to the pegs !

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hi all, we are down for a few days and again struggling. We fished Bisterne and had one good Chub. Now its closed we were going to the Royalty. We've heard that its been hammered to death and very over crowded, plus canoes and boats using the water. Anyone else found this??

Any reports on Lifelands? What about the Stour, is there is lots of breakins on Throop? Any other suggestions??

Cheers,

James

Yeah, look on the bright side for a change! :D

Royalty is a very busy fishery particularly at weekends, but despite the very low water levels and general **** conditions is fishing its head off. Barbel to 16lb+ have come out (twice) recently and plenty of other good barbel, bream, perch and chub as well. Don't expect to catch too much during the day, fish till the "death".. don't go home early! Haven't seen a single canoe or boat above the Waterloo Pool all season!

Throop... similar. I know of just one car break-in through all of last year! If you're daft enough to leave gear in full view on a very busy public fishery then more fool you! Stour is very low and needs a lot of rain and a good flush through but the barbel and chub are still there to be had. Again, fish into the first hour of dark to get the best opportunities.

Look at the reports on Davis Tackle for honest views of both fisheries.