Iceland Fishing Holidays

Kevin Henderson

Reaction score
Earlier this year I saw a programme on the television which showed some fantastic sea fishing in Iceland from both shore and boat. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the whole thing so may have missed the details on where you can book,etc!

I would like to explore the possibility of a fishing trip there for both sea and game fishing.

I have heard in the past of game fishing holidays in Scotland where they will freeze and courier your catch to you. If a similar facility existed on a trip to Iceland, that would be ideal!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Welcome to FM Kev.
Lots of game lodges/fisheries all over the world will do that these days so I'm sure you'll have no problem in Iceland. You will however need rather deep pockets as I'm told they charge like a wounded bull - especially for the salmon fishing.

Chris Frankish 2

Reaction score
For sea fishing it should be easy enough to charter a boat which shouldn't be cost prohibitive as long as you have enough people in your party. Lots of them advertise as whale watching trips but I took my kids out on one of these and we spent the last hour jigging and pulling up Haddock to 10lb and Cod to around 18lb. This was only about 600 yards from shore. I would say it would be easy enough to charter one of these for a fishing trip completely.