rigs-hair rig or not

pelican5

Reaction score
ive always used a hair rig,normally between 6-9 inches long. ive always caught with these no matter what bait im using!!
i use braid for my hooklinks,got different colours and breaking strains,mainly 12 or 15lb.
im always catching anything from 3lb to 19lb,my pb is 21.8lb but have not caught a 20lb for years,are the carp over 20lb more cautious due to seeing it all before and therefore having to change my rig to something new.
i fish a day ticket which can get busy but does have a good stock of fish.

having brought a few magazines and watched a few clips of dvd's and there is all these new rigs,im thinking if im not catching and want to try something different what should i try and why would these rigs make any difference.

any advice would be appreciated

Cakey

Reaction score
you need to change lakes and fish somewhere with 20's
try Holyfields or Walthamstow ressies
not sure about Stanboroughs stock at the mo

pelican5

Reaction score
stanborough isn't great,apparantly the 2 best (or only)swims are pole fishing only.
i caught my first 20 from holyfields.
a few people have told me a 32lb got caught from the pit,apparantly one of my mates caught it,never seen a pic though.
two 20's have been caught when ive been fishing the pit last month.
i do need to fish somewhere else but its handy for me to fish local for time being,how is holyfields fishing lately,walked around there with wife and baby 2 weeks ago and wasn't fishing to good!!

pelican5

Reaction score
good point..........
so i need a new lake but somewhere local and somewhere i can get a few hours in after work and somewhere if its not a runs lake but a fair chance of catching a big fish!!!
any ideas?????
whats in holyfields??

pelican5

Reaction score
theres a common swimming around with "tossa" written on it?????
any other fish in there ie;bream,tench,roach etc etc

pelican5

Reaction score
oh right, like that then is it....................................
is that 38lb lake record??? if..sorry,when i catch it i'll remove the "tossa" bit for you