Much Needed Rain - are you getting any?

dezza

Reaction score
The situation with rain in this area is drastic. The Rivers Don, Rother and Trent are very low. Rain has been forcast for further in the week, but what about you?

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The Swale was up at the weekend and with more rain expexted tonight and tomorrow It should be back to normal - unfishable due a horrible peaty colour:)

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I was on the Gt Ouse at the weekend - awful, just a trickle, and a local lad reckoned at least 2ft down even on summer level. We really need some rain over here

Rickrod

Reaction score
Chucked it down this morning then it turn really sunny

Reaction score
We've had a bit and there's more to come. :)

Not a moment too soon, the Severn desparately needs refreshing; the fishing has been terrible recently.

mikeshaw1979

Reaction score
Rain has been forcast for further in the week, but what about you?

Indian summer sunshine all today but rain will be slashing down this time tomorrow; just you see.. it'll soon move northeastwards.;) :D

The Welsh Dee badly needs this water, if only to get some salmon moving for the last week or so of their season, however the grayling fishing, as always, is superb at these low levels.

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
it was really heavy for a couple of hours this morning but its made no difference.........................

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Not ear!

Drizzle and mizzle :(

How about the rain dance Ron? Don't wanna flood the M5 again this time though ;)

captain carrott

Reaction score
it rained every soddin day from july the first to september 27th how the hell do you work out we need rain

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
The Thames came up 2½" last week.

YES! Sad bu**er me, I have a way of measuring it. It's important I know. :cool: It came up about ½" whilst I was there.

Here's another sad fact, drizzle can only be classified as such when the droplets are less than 0.5mm.

bear dies

Reaction score
The Severn and the Teme are very low at the moment, roll on the rain !!!!!

Fishing has been very tough at the moment, first light or last light seem to be the only windows of opportunity to catch

Bazza

A

alan whittington

Woody,how the hell did that happen and where did it come from,must have been an influx of immigrants(more p**s),seriously though could have been due to less lock activity,because sure as eggs are eggs there wasnt enough rain and the river was slower on Saturday than its been most of the season at Abingdon.:confused:

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
It's persisting down here in Stoke on Trent this morning. If it keeps it up the Trent and the Dove will get the extra water they badly need.