LMS (Shrewsbury) or Shropshire Anglers Federation - which should I join?

dazdidge

Reaction score
I was thinking of joining the LMS club that has waters near Shrewsbury. can anyone tell me if its worth the £30 membership fee?

Alternatively I'm also looking at the Shropshire Angling Federation club but their waters look far more crowded.

I want to catch chub and barbel predominantly.

The bad one

Reaction score
I was thinking of joining the LMS club that has waters near Shrewsbury. can anyone tell me if its worth the £30 membership fee?

Alternatively I'm also looking at the Shropshire Angling Federation club but their waters look far more crowded.

I want to catch chub and barbel predominantly.

Join both if you can afford it
If not go for the LMS as I think you can get daytickets on SAF lengths.

Keith Brown

Reaction score
Lms

Hi John
You are aware that LMS only have the one stretch of river at Emstry?
It is a good stretch of river, with Barbel coming out of most pegs in the right conditions. Our eastern european friends have been quite busy on the upper part in the last couple of years, so its not quite as good as it used to be.
Otherwise its worth the money if you live close. If you would like more info let me know.
All the best
Keith

dazdidge

Reaction score
Hi John
You are aware that LMS only have the one stretch of river at Emstry?
It is a good stretch of river, with Barbel coming out of most pegs in the right conditions. Our eastern european friends have been quite busy on the upper part in the last couple of years, so its not quite as good as it used to be.
Otherwise its worth the money if you live close. If you would like more info let me know.
All the best
Keith

Thanks Keith - I joined LMS about an hopur ago at Total Angling!! I live about 4 miles from Emstry - in Shelton, Shrewsbury.

I'm looking forward to getting down there to try for the chub and barbel. I parked in the farmyard carpark yesterday lunchtime and walked about 500m to the right (peg numbers going upwards), but didn't have time to go any further.

As well as the barbel I'm keen on perch and pike - are there any parts with a clear bank as I wouldn't mind trying to catch on on the fly.

Cheers

John

Keith Brown

Reaction score
Hi John
If you park in the timber yard, which is the next turning after the farm,
and walk to the river from there you have from pegs 30 to 1, with plenty of space for you. A few pike and perch about aswell.

Keith

dazdidge

Reaction score
Hi John
If you park in the timber yard, which is the next turning after the farm,
and walk to the river from there you have from pegs 30 to 1, with plenty of space for you. A few pike and perch about aswell.

Keith

thanks again keith - I'll have a look from the timber yard tomorrow, but when you say next turning is that driving towards or away from Shresbury? I drove from shrewsbury and turned into the farmyard on the left.

John

Keith Brown

Reaction score
Your right john, its the next left going towards atcham, its been a long day!