Bristol newbie!!

gustinkg

Reaction score
Hi guys, been reading these threads for a while now and found them really helpfull.. im Tony and been fishing on and off since i was 14!! had a huge break away and recently got right back in to it. my fave place has to be the bristol avon, im really keen to catch a big roach this year, i love nothing more than trotting on the avon..do a bit of carping but not a great deal...hoping to get some good advice in my roach quest!!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Tone.

Don't ask me nuffink about BA roach, I can't catch a proper un to save me life!

;)

gustinkg

Reaction score
Hi Steve...yeh tell me about it mate!! bloody elusive those big roach..ive been fishing the old st annes boardmills stretch recently and had some good days...just no big roach!!

im not givin upthough..just a matter of time im hoping!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
That's 5 mins from my front door mate. I've moved upstream in search of the big uns, they are there at Conham and the boardmills, but it's finding them! You might get lucky and find one (biggie) amongst the snotties and chub, but I haven't.

Good luck mate, the weather is changing. We've had some rain, so who knows what might happen?

bagman1

Reaction score
Hi There It's years since I fished it but Kelston Mill used to put up some good roach

gustinkg

Reaction score
hi guys
thanks for the warm welcome!! i will keep you all posted ref my big roach... the main problem i have is getting through the small fish!!! when i fish bread or even corn i just get plaqued with small stuff!! do i keep catching them...and hope the big roach move in...or do i need a change of tactic or bait to avoid them????