Have I had a good deal????

S

Stu Stark

Right all ponder on this coz I don't know...
I've just bought 3 Century Armalite rods (13ft 3.5TC) from a second hand shop that was closing down, they were marked up at ?250 and I paid ?125 for all 3!!!
BUT they all need rebuilding as there is a heavy scratch on the whipping on 1 rod and the other 2 really need varnishing again to bring them back to there former glory, I can get all 3 rebuilt for ?45 each (?135) which would bring the overall spending to ?260. ARE THE RODS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? I'm asking coz I have no idea what these would be worth if they were restored.

P.S. I AM NOT SELLING THEM ON! I just won't throw money at some thing that’s not worth it. K.
Regards
Stu

J

JEDI (Jr) DAVE

Stu
in my opinion, you have got a hell of a deal!! These are one of the best long chuck rods around and i think there will be a few envious people on the forum(me included,you jammy sod).If the total comes out at ?260, go for it. I know i wouldn't hesitate.Sure your not selling them on?
G.D.

S

Stu Stark

I'm sure mate, they will be my long "big pit" rods. Thanks for reassuring me, as I’ve never herd of them. (Only bin carping 14 months).

stu

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Top deal Stu, although the re-whipping and re-varnishing seems expensive. I'd shop around a little more.

S

Stu Stark

I've yet to shop around, the price I'm quoting came strait from carpworld, If any one can recomend a company can you please lt me know...
Ta
Stu