Night Fishing

maver man

Reaction score
My mum wont let me go night fishing she doest think it is safe but i keep reassuring her that the fishery gates are locked and there is no way i will be harmed.

How many of you guys on here would allow your 15 year old son to go night fishing by themselves?

Thanks,
Adam

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Reaction score
I only had two girls and at 15 they were already staying over night at friends, all be it under the supervision of parents. The only way you are going to convince your mum that’s its safe is to take her to the fishery and get her to talk to the owner. I would also want to know a little about the other lads who are also staying over night before I would let my son stop over, that is if I had a son. Fishing on your own is not really the problem it’s who else is also fishing over night?

Rickrod

Reaction score
I Would if you was going with some one else But on your own as a parent id just worry too much the answer for me would be no. What if you fell in

noknot

Reaction score
I Would if you was going with some one else But on your own as a parent id just worry too much the answer for me would be no. What if you fell in

Wise words indeed,
Night fishing needs to be learnt, as it is a very different place at 2am in pitch darkness with a screaming run or a hard fighting fish, I would say find a friend of over 18 to fish with and never fish alone until you have more experience of fishing nights.
:)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I am sure if there are other carpers around ,you would not be on your own Maver .Have a chat with them and the owner I am sure you would be alright ,my dad used to say what a sound bunch fishermen were and he always knew I would come to no harm with other fishermen about.

chadl

Reaction score
Most fisherman are sound, you do hear the odd story though.

One comes to mind where a group of lads robbed a guy fishing, This was in the angling times a few months back.

I would advise at that age fishing with a friend of atleast 18 years or older.

As rickrod said if you fell in could be disastrous.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Respect your Mothers wishes or ask her to come with you.

Seriously though, consider if the shoe was on the other foot, would you let your mother stay out on her own over night in the middle of no where without wondering whether she would be ok ..................

You will have plenty of years to go night fishing as and when you become older, there is no rush.

maver man

Reaction score
I also tell her as well that many sound fishermen fish Elmbridge and they are some fine men, i havent spoken to one who hasnt offered me advice or gave me a bad impression.

I have asked my mum to go with me but that isnt her type lol.

Only if my dad was into fishing he could take me but he says he has better things to do :(

And my grandad is too old to take me the only chance i get is once in a blue moon with the owner of my local tackle shop (where i caught my p.b. in my display pic)

Thanks for your advice guys.

pelican5

Reaction score
hi maver man
ive started taking my 13 year old brother in law fishing,ive promised him a night session soon but i wouldn't let him go by himself at 15 years old!!
ive done a few nights by myself and at 34 i dont like doing them alone, having somebody with you is safer and some company.its always handy to have somebody to make a brew and if your other rods went off its somebody to help out plus who's going to take the photo of your new p.b???
your mum is only thinking of you!!!!

Foxy

Reaction score
Plenty of time when your a bit older mate, 99% of the lads who do nights are good as gold but i would leave it a few years or maybe go with a few mates before you go out on your own

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone but just letting you know not a lot of my mates are into fishing and the ones that are don't take it seriously and don't know half the stuff they should.

Ill just have to convince my dad to go with me then lol.

Adam.

M

MCMILLIGAN

Im in the same boat mate im just turning 16 and cant go night fishing on me own.

maver man

Reaction score
Really?
Its nice to find someone in the same boat lol.
Who's preventing you from going?

maver man

Reaction score
I think he would but when ever i ask him to take me on the weekends its always no ive got better things to do or im too tired, Its like well i am up for 3.30am getting things ready do you not think i am tired :mad: Lol

M

MCMILLIGAN

Me mum im the same me dads not intrested in fishing but, i occasionally go with a expereinced angler night fishing but he has moved away so don't go as much. Would be nice to go on me own !

maver man

Reaction score
Thats exactly how it is with me mate i last went did a night session back in august with the owner from me local tackle shop was brilliant. I think we should protest mate lol.