when it take a bag of boilies out of the freezer???

gator1215

Reaction score
when it take a bag of boilies out of the freezer and i have had a days fishing, is it ok to just put the thawded out boilies back in the freezer or should i air dry them, or even do something else with them???

also

i know a lot of people dont like shelflife boilies, but i cant help to like the sound of these, Monster tiger nut, The sorce, The red fish, and Spicey tuna & chilli, are these any good???

and i am new to carp fishing and i want to catch (dont we all) i am going for my first day session this week, what is a good all round winter bait...

the freezer bait i have at the moment is mainlines activ-8 15mm, i also have a bag of halibut pallets 12mm

thanks in advance

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Hello W.O.C.
Preferably keep the frozen bait in a cool bag with ice packs only take out a few at a time, then you can put the rest back in the freezer. If they do defrost then air dry them.
Shelf life baits have moved on and improved over the years, the preservatives have improved along with the ingredients used, personally, I keep shelf life Source and Marine Halibut 10mm boilies in my bag and use them without any second thoughts. I do make my own Source paste (and hookbaits occasionally).

The Source will work all year round.

gator1215

Reaction score
Hello W.O.C.
Preferably keep the frozen bait in a cool bag with ice packs only take out a few at a time, then you can put the rest back in the freezer. If they do defrost then air dry them.
Shelf life baits have moved on and improved over the years, the preservatives have improved along with the ingredients used, personally, I keep shelf life Source and Marine Halibut 10mm boilies in my bag and use them without any second thoughts. I do make my own Source paste (and hookbaits occasionally).

The Source will work all year round.

Thanks for the info.

Frothey

Reaction score
one tip if you are using activ-8 is to take them out of the freezer a couple of days before you are going and leave them in a sealed bag. they will start getting white patches on them, but it's just the bait "activ"ating and the sugars starting to come out - best time to use them. re-freezing will just slow the process down again, you can get away with doing it once (maybe twice) before they go too far.