Day ticket waters in or around Bristol

gustinkg

Reaction score
Hi guys, well me and my bro spent the day at witham friary near frome sunday, used me chick peas, and boilies, and corn, and maggots, but not a touch all day!!! i dont know if anyone heres fished it but it has been hit and miss in the past, there were signs of fish with carp jumping now and again but they just wernt feeding!

so, we need to find a new carp water to fish in and around bristol, i just dont think theres enough fish in witham friary!

we want to try find a water where you havnt got to be a member 1st..ie you just buy a day ticket...and fish, and hopefully one where the swims arnt a long walk from the car and where 2 of us can fish fairly close together.

A mixed fishery with carp tench and roach would be ideal.....

so.. come on guys...get ya thinking caps on!!! lol

gustinkg

Reaction score
you can't expect to catch every time you go - most waters have far too many carp in them!

i know that..but now and again would be nice...this lake is run by a local farmer who cares more about lining his pockets....there was talk a few years ago that he,d netted the lakes and sold off the big carp!! not sure if thats true.... plus i think its time to try a new water to be honest.

Foxy

Reaction score
im an ex brizzol lad, have you had a look at the fishery on the golf course by Aztec West? gets busy but theres a few good uns in there and i dont think you have to be a member