Stupid things NOT to do while fishing

Shine

Reaction score
1: If the swim you are in has hard ground and you need a small mallet to help the bank stick in, move your thumb out the way as you hit :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Take a mallet onto a water where others are fishing; explaining how it got where it now resides takes some explaining in casualty - saying you accidently sat on it won't be believed. Mallets - the curse of roach anglers!

Shine

Reaction score
Dont worry Mark. I was the only one on the lake at the time. Would never use it while someone was fishing. So many time I've heard what you are saying so I make as little noise setting up as I can while people are fishing.

Anyway, for the times when I was just starting out and did make a noise, revenge was today. Still cant believe I done it.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Tell people you,ve just caught a big pike

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Never.......

Hook your mates Mum in the bare shoulder with a juicy lob on a size 10! :eek:

'Skyline' an angler!

Move into an anglers swim un-invited!

Step on your rod!

Take pity on hungry ducks and feed them whilst fishing!

Travel miles and forget the all important part of your tackle...rod, reel, tackle box, hooks, hooklengths, shot, flask, chair, umbrella, landing net (handle), bait, fishing licence! (I've forgot the lot, all on seperate occasions!) Bog roll!!! :confused:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Never.......

Hook your mates Mum in the bare shoulder with a juicy lob on a size 10! :eek:

'Skyline' an angler!

Move into an anglers swim un-invited!

Step on your rod!

Take pity on hungry ducks and feed them whilst fishing!

Travel miles and forget the all important part of your tackle...rod, reel, tackle box, hooks, hooklengths, shot, flask, chair, umbrella, landing net (handle), bait, fishing licence! (I've forgot the lot, all on seperate occasions!) Bog roll!!! :confused:
This one worries me the most Steve ;)

Shine

Reaction score
Done the reel one a few years ago Steve. Got to the lake. setting up and.............. DO'H!!

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

mates Mum in the bare shoulder with a juicy lob on
This one worries me the most Steve ;)

:D

Rickrod

Reaction score
Mates mum juicy lob on.......is he still your mate

captain carrott

Reaction score
1: If the swim you are in has hard ground and you need a small mallet to help the bank stick in, move your thumb out the way as you hit :eek: :eek: :eek:

a few years ago i was fishing on the thames, catching a fish a chuck some ****** turned up took out all his kit sat in the next peg and proceeded to hammer a banktick into the ground, my bites stopped and didn't start again for 4 hours, anyone and i mean anyone at all who hammers a bankstick into the bank should be taken out and shot. there is absolutely no reason at all that any angler will ever need to hammer a bank stick into the bank under any circumstances, get your hands in your pocket and buy a spiral point bank stick and screw it in, other wise as mark says you will be liable to being charged with posession of a concealed mallet, and if it's me you're next to concealed bank sticks also.

as for biscuit getting a lob on over his mates mothers bare shoulders he must have had a very sheltered upbringing.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Take a dog on a fishing trip - disaster/frustration/embarrassment is never far away.

Much as I love dogs they can prove more trouble than the missus and I have experienced most of the problems including:

A long dead border collie coming and presenting her paw to me embedded in which was a size 8 barbed hook right thru her pad, god love her she never objected one bit when I pulled it thru, even licked my face in thanks afterwards. That same dog Jumped in the Severn at Quatford and swam delightedly right past 40 or 50 match anglers came racing back up to me and doing it yet again, embarrassed or what?

One dog who rounded up all the cattle in the field where I was fishing and stampeded them round and round the field with a big silly grin that dogs have when they are enjoying themselves.

Last edited:

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hahaha! This is true. I went fishing on the Arrow in Alcester after a particularly heavy night on the pop, stopped at the bakery shop and bought 2 cornish pasties which I promptly demolished. Half an hour later and happily trotting a stick float thru I was as sick as a dog right into my stick line and enjoyed the best 2 hours fishing I ever had on that river. Strange groundbait but it worked a treat :p

Shine

Reaction score
a few years ago i was fishing on the thames, catching a fish a chuck some ****** turned up took out all his kit sat in the next peg and proceeded to hammer a banktick into the ground, my bites stopped and didn't start again for 4 hours, anyone and i mean anyone at all who hammers a bankstick into the bank should be taken out and shot. there is absolutely no reason at all that any angler will ever need to hammer a bank stick into the bank under any circumstances, get your hands in your pocket and buy a spiral point bank stick and screw it in, other wise as mark says you will be liable to being charged with posession of a concealed mallet, and if it's me you're next to concealed bank sticks also.

as for biscuit getting a lob on over his mates mothers bare shoulders he must have had a very sheltered upbringing.

Come on cc. As I have already explained, I was the only one on the lake.
I had a choice, walk a very short distnce back to the car and get my rod pod, or a mallet. As no one was on the lake, I used a mallet.
This is meant to be a light hearted thread where I have admitted I done a stupid thing. As for getting my hands out my pockets.... I assure you, my banksticks ain't cheap.

I will bend over backwards not to annoy another angler.

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

I will bend over backwards not to annoy another angler......... but it looks like I have with this thread :rolleyes: :)