Quick Questionnaire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalcal

Reaction score
I am a student studying design and technology at Manchester Metropolitan University. For my final year major project I have chosen fishing as my target area and I have been advised that a questionnaire would be of use to me.

Basically I have been asked to find a problem or problem areas of my chosen topic and then use my research to come up with a solution to the problem.
A quick example of this could be problems with litter. My solution would be to possibly design and make something that perhaps anglers could carry with them which disposes of the litter.

I am still at the early stages of this project and I haven’t specifically chosen a problem area yet but I do have a few in mind. With your help I am hoping to narrow down some of the choices and just get a few thoughts from other people.

I would appreciate if you could fill in the questionnaire below to help me with my research. (Just copy and paste it to the reply) They can be as simple as one word answers or as detailed as you like.

Are you male or female?

How old are you?

How often do you go fishing?

What type of fishing do you do? (Coarse, sea, match etc) More than one can be put down.

Who do you go fishing with? (On your own, with a friend or family member etc)

Have you fished anywhere outside of the UK? If so, where did you go?

How much physical activity does your participation in angling involve? (Do you have a long walk to where you fish? Or is your tackle too heavy to walk far? Or are on you on the move constantly?)

For what reasons do you go fishing? This can be a very simple answer or you can go into detail.

Are you a member of a fishing club or society? And do you play any specific role in this club? (Chairman, secretary etc)

Are there any problems that you have whilst fishing? These could be things such as safety whilst fishing, back problems, litter, safety for the fish, disabled anglers etc. A bit of detail here would be appreciated but not necessary.

Thank you for your time.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Basically I have been asked to find a problem or problem areas of my chosen topic and then use my research to come up with a solution to the problem.
A quick example of this could be problems with litter. My solution would be to possibly design and make something that perhaps anglers could carry with them which disposes of the litter.

I'll give you a problem - Why won't the vast majority of anglers join the one and only organisation in this country that will fight for their rights and fight the polluters of our lakes and rivers.

Now, you find a solution to that and you win a gold clock!

The personal rubbish bin for anglers has been done already, about every 8-10 years in fact. Nothing has as yet worked. Not worth wasting time over. The majority are caring angler who do not discard rubbish, a tiny minority have no brain cells, but regularly make guest appearances on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

The bad one

Reaction score
Nice one Jeff should keep him gainfully employed for the rest of his life in research!

With respect Alan, for a final year's project your questionnaire is very simplistic! Not what I would have expected from a student studying at Manchester Met.

It wouldn't pass muster in the Environment and Geography Department for a first year students questionnaire .

Last edited:

r1paul

Reaction score
Sorry Alan , but I don`t know of you , one post , no profile information , don`t know if you are a angler , anti or the boggie man !:eek:

klik2change

Reaction score
alan 89, Les is right. You need to provide a bit more information. If you do that you will get a far better response!

There are good reasons for pointing this out to you but it would take far too long to explain...

PS being a design & technology teacher in a secondary school I know exactly what you are driving at in your questionnaire. Regarding Woody's comments, if the bankside bin hasn't had a redesigned in the last 8 years it's about time!
Another thing to consider is slippery banks. They can be very dangerous, even when fairly flat and level. I know what solution I've found, but YOU might come up with something better!!

Best of luck.
Please do fill in a profile.

keora

Reaction score
Alan, I think you would get more replies if you gave us more information about yourself.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I feel a bit uncomfortable with a new member seeking personal details of members, including juniors, without asking permission or providing any of his own personal details.

The thread is therefore locked until the sincerity of the thread is established.

Those whom have given personal details I will delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.