terry hearn and nick (the stick)helleur

adrian hoare

Reaction score
fished yesterday on a stretch of the thames where i came across terry hearn and stickie , thought i would say hello as they were only 30ft from me at one point .
was not even acknowledged by either of them ! was just being polite sayin ello like i do to all other anglers i come across , and all i got was a dirty look from both of them !
i mean really , it doesnt take much to say hello surely ?? maybe something to do with me fishing the same stretch of the thames ?

Last edited:

r1paul

Reaction score
Head up own arse comes to mind mate , there`s a lot of it about , even at local level .:( :)

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
courtesy costs nothing, but if youve got to angle where mere mortals angle, then i suppose you aint gonna be happy you cant catch elsewhere

Rickrod

Reaction score
I had the same thing with Will Raison he was ten foot from me

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with Corky - I'll Matt drive me to the Trent fish in and cook me a meal Friday night and he thinks that gives him the right keep coming over to my swim for a chat - and he stills owes me for the can of vimto he drank

Frothey

Reaction score
it's nick helleurs nick name.

nice to see the internet witch hunt working when there's only one side of a story..... both times I've fished the same lake as terry, he's been more than helpfull and friendly.

adrian hoare

Reaction score
its nick helleurs nickname mate . he hates it .

the words from the two of them to my mate was " the thames is too easy for carp " !!!!!

70+ carp from one well known swim in a very short space of time , i mean , jesus , milk it dry or what ! that was my mates banker spot , why not guys with their experience catch a couple and fish another swim like my mate and i do ?

maybe the lake they fish got flooded and half the 40s and 50s managed to get into the thames and they are now targeting them in the river ? hahahaaa

anyone know where i can buy 10kgs of soap on the cheap ?

---------- Post added at 06:42 ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 ----------

it's nick helleurs nick name.

nice to see the internet witch hunt working when there's only one side of a story..... both times I've fished the same lake as terry, he's been more than helpfull and friendly.

thats exactly how i imagined him to be , but found it to be not the case the other day . sorry mate

Nathan

Reaction score
I've just picked up the November edition of Advanced carp fishing & Nick Helleur has got an article on river fishing (he's on the thames) in there

noknot

Reaction score
I must say that I have not met either of these Gentlemen, but know people that have met Terry Hearn, and I have not heard one bad report on or off the bank, as for Nick Helleur I have no Idea to what he is like?

I must add that over the years I have fished with and delt with some top "named" Carp anglers, and have found them all to be down to earth normal guy's and not one that I have met have been giving it the "big" I am~!

No name dropping here as that's not the point of the thread, but I found them all to be OK Guy's, well most;)

preston96

Reaction score
That was a lucky find, them two, at least you know now its a decent stretch:)

Where was it? i think they should get used to at least acknowledging a general "hello" if that is what was truelly given........perhaps if enough did it? :wh

Morespiders

Reaction score
Adrian, next time you see them dont say nowt, just wizz a brick over thier heads into thier swim, then shout hiya, hows it going, should break the ice, and i'm sure they will talk to you then.

Tell them you know Morespiders and watch thier faces, they wont be able to tell you enough.