If money was no object

pelican5

Reaction score
what gear would you buy if money was no object????
only rods, reels, luggage, bivvy and tackle.

its not that i have money just wondered what people think are the best bits of carp fishing and im hoping to win the euromillions jackpot on friday or saturdays lottery.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
If money was no object, i would have my rods made for me to suit me personally.

Reels would be Shimano or Daiwa but they would have to compliment the rods.

Bivvy etc, i would buy what suited me at the time, and not necessarily the most expensive, the same would go for bite alarms.

I would invest a good deal of money on some really good quality clothing so i could fish all year round if i chose to do so.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Buy whatever tackle that does the job if I didn't already have it and spend whatever was needed to gain access to the waters I'd want to fish on.
Or buy my own fishery.
Or get a tropical blue water fishing boat and crew together.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I think I'd commission half a dozen each of wide-drummed Trudexes and Rapidexes. Can't for the life of me figure out why they weren't made.
And a B.James "Avocet", please, Santa, and a Normark "Titan", and a Drennan original Tench float rod...
And a great big industrial strength cattle prod, with which to persuade the lords and masters of the tackle trade that some of us are southpaws and would rather like proper right-hand-wind fixed spool reels to play with. And a borrow of Thor's hammer if they try that "ambidextrous" bullsh.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I would be carefull here and not just look at tackle that costs a lot of money and assume it is the best. Ther is a lot of angling done by the various manufactures that catches anglers not fish.
A case in point I have been lucky enough to own and use Diawa Basis 45QD reels for a while. They are a good reel and work well however their RRP is £399.00. In comparrison I have also got and use several Shimano Ultegra XTB5500 which can cast just as far with a better smoother more progressive clucth and you get a spare spool for £159.00.
So is the Diawa £240 better NO it is not.
So what would I like

1) Delkim TXI plus alarms
2) Greys Torsion rods
3) Chud Cyfish tri lite bivvey
4) Nash indulgance Mk4 bed chair
5) Prestige Mk2 fatboy porter
6) Shimano Technium 10000 reel the old ones.

Tight Lines all

chris_fox

Reaction score
This is easy:

A large house with fishing rights on the Avon, Wye or Severn and a large lake in the garden.

That would be my fishing accessory. I then have:

Carp
Barbel
Trout
Sea Trout
Salmon
Pike
& Silver fish.

I could always drive for the odd occasional shore fishing trip.:rolleyes:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Tacklewise I have just about everything I think I will ever need...which is a disaster for a tackle tart like me !

Bar a lifetime season ticket for wherever Carlos lives the only thing I really fancy is a fabulously expensive hand built centrepin.

pelican5

Reaction score
im liking carlos' idea
i would like to be a tackle tart but the wife wont let me,hard enough getting out to go fishing let alone spending money on fishing gear.
thanks anyway for all the replies
tight lines

Morespiders

Reaction score
3 new floats and a new packet of hooks,10s or 6s, plus if money allowed,some new maggots.

Rickrod

Reaction score
The latest armo bivvy would be nice