Handwarmers

M

MCMILLIGAN

After spending 8 hours at the side of a lake last week my hands where frozen, i have used the disposable handwarmers but have had mixed results, so has anyone used the zippo or peacock petol handwarmers as im thinking of getting one!

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i have a peacock handwarmer and they're great its like having your own personal radiator that keeps you nice and toastie ,i love mine so much i'm thinking of getting another so both sides of me are warm .i have the pocket sized one ,you get a filling cup that when used as prescribed will give 6 hours of heat ,but i just fill the thing up and id lasted nearly 18 hours of solid relentlass heat

cheapest around is this one (and the one ,i'll be buying next payday) and at this price you can afford two .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250511410065

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I have a couple of the petrol ones, they are great. the heat is consistent unlike the solid fuel type ones (charcoal sticks) which tend to go out.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Yeah, like everyone's posh enough to walk around with peacocks shoved in their pockets :D

Kids do not try Petrol Hand Warmers at home, Rodney is a trained professional :D

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
It must be a 'wuuss' thing, cold hands :)

Work on a building site all winter long and you'll soon get the hang of ignoring cold fingers. To be honest, I just don't have a problem. A bit like wear a hat to keep the body warm, wear warm clothes on your arms :D

Dal

Reaction score
I must admit I've got 2 charcoal hand warmers but I've not used them for a couple of years now as I've got a "proper" winter suit and sticking my hands in the pockets is enough for me. I've got and have used neoprene gloves, woolen mitts etc. but a nice warm pocket is my preference. If you really have to have your hands exposed, a tip from Keith Arthur is to cover them in petrolium jelly/vaseline. ;)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Try having a maid sit o nyour hand to warm them up- sometime I get a cold nose and then the maid just sits on my.......................well in fact it works for other body part that require blood to warm them up:wh

Dal

Reaction score
Try having a maid sit o nyour hand to warm them up- sometime I get a cold nose and then the maid just sits on my.......................well in fact it works for other body part that require blood to warm them up:wh

Too true M'lud :D

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

I forgot that one ;)

preston96

Reaction score
Bloody ell.....it aint been that cold yet has it!!!!??????

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If you really have to have your hands exposed then . . . . . . . . .

Be a man about it! Petroleum jelly, vaseline, gloves . . . . . whatever next?

Bunch of Jessies!

Why, when I were a nipper we used to walk 5 miles t'school in 't snow wi' no shoes!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In fairness though Peter, that was a very very very very long time ago, when Mammoths still roamed

Cheeky beggar - I'll have you know that I'm younger than Ron, and Graham M and Graham W too!

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

...and carrying a handfull of freezing cowd gravel...

. . . . from home, well home is an overstatement; we lived in a pipe.