Anti-tangle/Anti-spook tubing does it work ?

tortoise100

Reaction score
I mean the sort that comes with safe links has anyone got any good or bad experiances with it ?
I got some nash ones that came with it and want to try it with Barbel but since I am still to catch my first barbel I don't think I am the right man to be a guinue pig .
Wish this post thing just had an obvious way of doing a spell check seems like the most silly thing to have missed out of the whole package ,typical computer programer thinking everyone should just know how to do things without telling them.
Had a few and my spelling suffers .

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
If you download the Google tool bar it has a spellchecker on it and you can check any posts or e mails with that.

klik2change

Reaction score
I've never heard of anti spook tubing. Anti tangle rig tubing, yes.

Having said that, a wide bore tube might well not spook fish so easily if the fish touch it, say at least 4mm wide. Some rig tubing is down to 2mm which would probalby still be a bit too stiff...

Dave Burr

Reaction score
Barbel tend not to spook to rig tubing as they can see it and have yet to associate it with the angler whereas line is connected to bad experiences and can cause them to spook.

However, when using tubing, be sure not to ram your tail rubber too tight to your lead clip as a barbel does not have the strength to remove the lead in the event of a break off. Better to lose a lead or two that to tether a fish.

tortoise100

Reaction score
This is what i want to hear !
Sounds like it is worth using then .
Reluctant to get google toolbar or any other as they slow the computer down and become one more thing that wants to update all the time.

klik2change

Reaction score
when using tubing, be sure not to ram your tail rubber too tight to your lead clip as a barbel does not have the strength to remove the lead in the event of a break off. Better to lose a lead or two that to tether a fish.

If barbel and carp are not strong enough to free the lead then I suggest nobody should use the fixed bolt-rig you are [presumably] talking about.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

However, when using tubing, be sure not to ram your tail rubber too tight to your lead clip as a barbel does not have the strength to remove the lead in the event of a break off. Better to lose a lead or two that to tether a fish.

If the manufacturers of the lead clips made the tail shorter, then there would be a lot less concern about people pushing the tail rubbers to far down the tail, and perhaps preventing the lead or feeder from releasing easily.

Never the less Dave, good sound and safe advice.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I put a mini split ring on all my feeders this makes them easy to get on and they slide off better so I have no doubt that mine come off, in fact one did on Sunday night .
But the answer is to test it before you cast just to see how much presure is needed.
I can confirm it didn't spook something on sunday night either see my post in begginers and improvers for a rig description using three hook lengths.

Last edited: