What winter boots are best....?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
About to look at new boots for the winter-tried Moon Boots and others over the years but none really come up to scratch.......(I'm talking really cold weather fishing!!)

Perhaps I am expecting too much as I suppose no boot is actually going to keep one's feet warm.What I want is fairly warm-I'd be happy with that!!

Anyway if anyones has some suggestions regardless of price(I don't mind paying more if they are really effective!)I would be pleased to hear from you...

Thanks

Rickrod

Reaction score
Derri boots really warm even on the coldest of days £29.99 they were £50.00 at one time

Bluenose

Reaction score
Skeetex boots are very good, but to be honest save for the cold snap last winter I have hardly used mine over the last few years.

Another good option is Elements II boots these have a goretex lining and are good if you do a lot of walking during sessions.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Don't just consider which boots will keep your feet warm in winter, also look at what socks you are wearing.

Some socks cost as much as £30.00p but if you couple them with a really good pair of walking boots, they will keep you really warm, waterproof and breathable, and also are easier to walk in.

Cakey

Reaction score
Ive used Highlander M892 for a few years now ,they have Vibram soles and Jontex uppers best Ive ever had
I had the Sundridge hot foots I think they were called they were also very good but I could not walk in them and I always had wet socks through sweating !

Reaction score
Them muckboots do look very good quality, how comfortable are they for walking in ?

Very.

I take a size 7. The boot I baught is a size 7 - no need to go one bigger for thicker socks.

The boot is shaped to the calf, foot and angler so it doesn't slop about when walking.

I'm not a welly pervert and that, but I must say they are one of the best things I have baught over the last couple of years.

Cakey

Reaction score
m892b.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

what a boot

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Thanks, they do look excellent.

I take a size 11, and have found some other hotfoot boots a bit cumbersum to walk in which is why i wear my walking boots, but they don't keep my feet very warm when it's really cold.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Thanks, they do look excellent.

I take a size 11, and have found some other hotfoot boots a bit cumbersum to walk in which is why i wear my walking boots, but they don't keep my feet very warm when it's really cold.

Muckboots for me as well. Brilliant for walking in too!!

Tay's are the ones to go for.

Not for the new job are they?? Wading through stuff etc>>:D

captain carrott

Reaction score
still 60 bloody quids.........................

ooh you could get 3 pairs of em for the price of a pair of hand made Lomers then.

in fact i've just read the spec on those and they're very similar in design to my lomers, nubuk tops, vibram soles, breathable lining, does the breathable lining work well on them?

Last edited: