Off the mark!

adren

Reaction score
Hit the canal before first light, mild frost, trying to thread a hook in poor light.

Only took two attempts with numb fingers but ready to go after about 15-20 minutes.

After about 10 minutes I hooked my first ever fish, a massive (tiny) roach!
What a massive feeling that was, size wasnt important, but seeing the float get pulled under was magic.

Light came and what a sight with the mist rising from the canal.

Had to contend with a beaut of a Heron who sat on the bank patiently waiting for his moment, I guess we were fishing for pleasure whilst he was after his next meal.

A couple of deer were grazing in the field opposite, I didnt realise how much went on in and around the canal as we were sat sipping coffee.

All in all I ended up with 10 fish, Roach, Gudgeon a lovely couple of Perch.
What a beautiful fish the Perch is with its spiked dorsal.

We were out approx 5 hours and the time flew, I was more than happy with my first session, no big fish by any means but the satisfaction I got was immense.

Cannot wait for the first Big un!
Virgin tag lost.
Cheers All.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Congratulations Louie, you now have the beginnings of a personal best list. Enjoying yourself is what it's all about, well done.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Magic fishing louie sounds a nice place to start fishing also sounds like your hooked well done mate

Shine

Reaction score
Light came and what a sight with the mist rising from the canal.

Had to contend with a beaut of a Heron who sat on the bank patiently waiting for his moment, I guess we were fishing for pleasure whilst he was after his next meal.

A couple of deer were grazing in the field opposite, I didnt realise how much went on in and around the canal as we were sat sipping coffee

Very well done louie.
Just reading that has made me want to go fishing right now :)