Hooklinks for Carp - Their History

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Dunno about you guys but that filled in a couple of holes in my knowledge. Unless he's making it up as he goes along of course :)

r1paul

Reaction score
"The hook buried in the bait" ................I remember it well ,the ball of bait were the size of orange`s , jeez how we caught , I don`t know but we did .;) :cool:
A great write up Dave , it just shows how easy it is to forget our angling history .:w

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
It is also a good thread to point out how some anglers over complicate methods, that already work, trying to seek out that ultimate rig.
I should know i have been there when i was seriously in to Carp Fishing (well i thought i was anyway).

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
Sorry for my late post, but i just went through the article and have something to add:

The Hair rig was first described in a german Angling magazine in the late 1930´ies , along with another method of hooking a piece of potato which was first tied with two strands of line in packet style.

I will rummage through my magazines for the article.

Tilman Bieselt

Reaction score
I just looked and didn´t find it. I will add it, when i do.

There was a paste mentioned as well, which was made from Potatoes and semolina and eggs added, then cooked in water = Boilies ...

And the Hair rig was used to bait those cooked paste-balls ...

Nothing new ... ;)