Steve's Float Rubbers

chris_fox

Reaction score
These are a fantastic addition to float fishing and indispensable invention to stop your float disappearing down the river whilst trotting. The main feature benefit is keeping the line attached to the float.

Steve's float rubbers can be best described as firm in elasticity action, but with enough flex to roll over any floats. Their modern crisp action protects the attached float from that real curse in fishing, float slippage.

The strongest point is the sheer flexibility of sizes. They come in very small, nearly very small, quite small, smallish, mediumish, slightly more than mediumish and bigish for really fat floats.

There are also a number of colours which can be matched to the float and float tip. Their are also several high vis' colours to enhance float tip visibility. Especially useful in low light situations or when morning mist reduces visibility by a factor of 4.2567.

I can't recommend them enough.

chris_fox

Reaction score
Really, I must admit I am struggling to find them under £24.99 a pack ....... how about you Morespiders?

BRUCE1

Reaction score
Really, I must admit I am struggling to find them under £24.99 a pack ....... how about you Morespiders?

but thats not bad carlos considering its a lifetimes supply of the finest rubbers , you just dont get rubbers like these anymore , as they say they dont make them like they used to :D

beerweasel

Reaction score
I've been looking for float rubbers for the first time in 10 years.Where can I get the old
rubber ones? not these hard sillycon varnish strippers.When did they change?

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I've been looking for float rubbers for the first time in 10 years.Where can I get the old
rubber ones? not these hard sillycon varnish strippers.When did they change?

They changed many, many years ago...but Latex is still available. You might buy pellet bands, or look on eBay.......

FISHING - 2 X BOXES OF LATEX SILICON FLOAT RUBBERS | eBay UK

I've been using a box of those for two years now. No problems. It helps if you can pop one of those dessicant 'teabags' in there too;)