Fox armamesh

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
I see that Ian Gemson, in his piece about alternative baits, sings the praises of this new product. It might be fine in some venues but the mitten crabs on the Thames treat it like a tea bag. Did I use a dodgy batch or have other people had similar experiences ?.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i have used this on a few waters containing crayfish and it has always done a good job of protecting the bait, i dont know if mitten crabs are better equiped to rip the armamesh than crays though

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Amushroom
Hi Mate for those Thames mitten crabs you need the new Kevlar Flack jacket armour mesh from the MOD. Those pesky mitten crabs cant get past that . LOL

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
howdy chaps thanks for the comments, have had a word with Osama, he says once he gets out of the cave he'll pop down to the post office and mail me some.

r1paul

Reaction score
Being out of the carp loop these days and not buying mags or rags , can someone tell me what armamesh is , what it is good for , or is it just another fad , is it fine and flexi or solid and chunky .
I must start reading a decent mag again .:eek: :D

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
Les, think fine mesh pva, so you can wrap anything into boilie sized baits, no matter how soft, but it doesnt melt. it is pretty easy to work with, just like pva. ian welch is in the mail this week using tinned tuna mushed up and squeezed into it. it also allows you to use hemp as a hookbait with big hooks, by presenting a little bag of it with your free offerings. as well as anything else you can think of to shove in it.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
my mate use to end his session with holes in his tights which were worn under his jogging bottoms, for years I thought they were his missus old ones, only now do I realise that, not only were they preventing him from performing a matrimonial duty, they were keeping the crabs of his sausage [hookbait].
I wonder if Korda had brought out an armamesh equilavent, would it be a better product, resistant to mitten crabs, or is this, too big an ask ?

noknot

Reaction score
my mate use to end his session with holes in his tights which were worn under his jogging bottoms, for years I thought they were his missus old ones, only now do I realise that, not only were they preventing him from performing a matrimonial duty, they were keeping the crabs of his sausage [hookbait].
I wonder if Korda had brought out an armamesh equilavent, would it be a better product, resistant to mitten crabs, or is this, too big an ask ?

Why do you think "Korda" would be any better? They would only buy the same product and market it as their own, bag it with their LOGO on it and charge twice the price:rolleyes:

Frothey

Reaction score
you want to use whatever my missus's stockings are made of.... un-rippable.

In the photos we can see me trying something completely new in terms of hook baits, a small bag of curried baked beans, something that would have been unachievable before Fox introduced Armour Mesh.

didn't some bloke use mesh to present small particles a few years ago on here? He nicked the idea from something Hutchy did in the seventies? cakey liked the article iirc.....

quattro

Reaction score
We used to use bits of old tights when sea fishing. Especially good for soft baits like mussels and peeler crabs

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
you want to use whatever my missus's stockings are made of.... un-rippable.

In the photos we can see me trying something completely new in terms of hook baits, a small bag of curried baked beans, something that would have been unachievable before Fox introduced Armour Mesh.

didn't some bloke use mesh to present small particles a few years ago on here? He nicked the idea from something Hutchy did in the seventies? cakey liked the article iirc.....
Possible but some of us arnt that old to remmember that long ago LOL. We all know there is nothing new in fishing it all goes around and comes around.