Anyone fished RMC's Kingsmead?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Iv'e just joined RMC and have set up a session with Big Rik for July. The old woman (not Rik) is due for our third child in mid August so this really is gonna be my last night session for a few months. On that basis would you recommend Kingsmead? or would you suggest another RMC venue for a 30 hour carp session in early July?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Walked round it last year with the intention of joining. The site of divers pulling out another car that the local pikies drove into the lake put me right off. Grand union has got some whackers!

A

andrew jackson

Yep fished it last year during the Fishing warehouse southern fish-in. A whole section of one bank, packed up and didnt fish because of constant visits from pikies. They were asking questions like, have you got any dogs with you, do you carry guns? I wouldnt fish it again far too dodgy for my money.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Yes Gold Card Paul, its a strange coincidence, but I've just come into some money! About ?3000 funnily enough! Wahaaaaa!

No, got the special for three rods on most waters for ?125.

Thanks for that Warren, no snags then?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmm, don't like the sound of that Andrew. I'll take a re-think on RMC venues! It's allright for Rik, he feels at home, but not too sure myself!

P

Paul Williams

It's sad but i know of a few potential big fish waters that are deemed unfishable because of the present day situation with low lifes and i am not pointing the finger at any section of society it is prevelant in all.......it's just a bloody waste!

C

Cakey

Paul
I know what you mean---I fished Hunts Corner last week ! ! ! ! !

M

Malcolm Bason

It is a sad but true state of affairs re Kingsmead - a lovely water spoiled by a certain element!

One other thing that no-one has mentioned - if you fish there take ear plugs!! Those planes are so low the little flashings lights you see on them when they are in the sky - THEY ILLUMINATE THE WHOLE AREA as they go over! And as one 'roar' dies away another begins from about 06:00 till 23:00

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
No issues with the noise Malc, I mean, have you ever slept near Rik? All ends - all noises if you know what I mean!!!

Now I'm a big enough guy who's happy to go toe to toe with the next guy, but has anyone actually ever experienced agro/trouble/theft from Kingsmead?

A

andrew jackson

Any of the lads who were forced to move at the fish-in will tell you, if they didnt they would have been turned over. On the Sat night there was a number of people with torches turned up on the deserted strech. No doubt the pikies, and a few mates. I am also a fairly big bloke, but you dont think these sort of people turn up on their own with no wepons and fight fair, do you? The fact is, as big as you may be, you are no doubt, a intelegent and responsible person, that straight away puts you at a major disadvantage when dealing with low life.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Gutted, absolutely Gutted! This was one venue I wanted to try out after just joining RMC. Thaks for the 'Steer-Clear' aNDY, i'LL talk to Rik but me finks we'll be giving it a miss! Cheers again.

S

Stuart Bullard

My local club has a lake complex with a pikie site near-by. In the end a huge metal fence with razor wire on top was erected to keep them out. Fortunately its a nature reserve as well so we didn't have to fund it.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Oh Stuart, you have an answer for everything and wisdon beyond your youth! but dont ever expect me to forgive you for the teletubbie snipes :)

We'll ave to get together mate as your just up the road!

S

Steve Clements

I joined 1 season but the kennel bank just about vibrates with the continual barking and the other car park,which also serves the boat pool has no prevention to the pikies,the planes can be a nuisance but I live under the flight path anyway.It's a cracking water with huge potential but until the soap-dodgers are re-located, will always remain a risk..I can't have that on my only course of relaxation