13ft Avon Waggler

jmmtjoy

Reaction score
Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help with some info on a rod I got at a car boot recently-
Has "13ft Avon Waggler" written on it, its a 3 piece rod, very well made from carbon fibre, very slim. It handle really well, can remeber them from back in the day, but cannot for the life of me remember who made them!The stickers close to the but have worn off. Wonder if someone can recall anything?

Regards Dave

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
If it's maroon colour, maybe Silstar.Ian heaps designed a range of lighweight rods for them about 20 years ago.:confused:

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Could also be a John Wilson Rod.

What colour is the Rod and what colour are the Ring Whippings, also, does it have a Cork handle or a Duplon handle, screw reel seat or Reel Rings ??

bear dies

Reaction score
I had a ian heaps "avon waggler" many moons ago from silstar, reddish brown with gold whipping ??

Bazza

jmmtjoy

Reaction score
13 ft Waggler

Hi,
Thanks for replies-sorry need to clarify, its a match rod, and I can remember them being very popular on the Midlands circuit, especially on the W Avon, I can't for the like of me remember who used to make them-Brian Bennett springs to mind, but can't be sure. it ideally is a Stick/waggler rod, normal carbon finish (grey)with gold tips to the whipping, cork handle, plastic reel seat.

Cheers DT

jmmtjoy

Reaction score
Thanks Buddy! Nice comment, I feel really great now, and also feel like posting on here a lot more, cos I love comments like that. Thanks for the replies which were helpful, slime monster-keep up the good work.

Cheers Dave

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Thanks Buddy! Nice comment, I feel really great now, and also feel like posting on here a lot more, cos I love comments like that. Thanks for the replies which were helpful, slime monster-keep up the good w

Dave,

You won't meet a more helpful and nicer guy on here (well that's his £5 donation spent)

I think you must see his honesty though, a picture would have made life a little easier for us posters, as the description does sound like a lot of rods made in the past.