Another Fishingmagic annual match.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I was thinking about the forthcoming Clattercote match and the Chavs v Aces set up for this very enjoyable annual match and I wondered if yet another annual match could be organised with a different set up, not a Chavs v Aces but just a straightforward individual or a pairs match.

A float only only match, a maggot only match etc. etc., this could be on a one year in the north one year in the south basis or one perpetual venue in the middle and all under the banner of fun rather than a serious match. I almost included a river match but the problem with a river match is the fact that it would have to be booked very early and would then be under the threat of a flooded or very low out of sorts river.

What do you guys think, would it be practical, would there be enough takers, what do you think?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sounds good Graham, I love fishing new venues.

Meeting up with the gang and new faces is what it's all about though, Aces V Chavs aint serious.....................................is it?????

;)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I'm thinking this would be in addition to that and the aces v chavs one Nigel, I hadn't forgotten (just like you don't forget the brown sauce when we fish Clattercote - nudge, nudge, wink, wink!). A different set up is essential though otherwise it becomes just another fish in which is why I suggested a float only as a ferinstance.

This is as good a place as any for a match and its reasonably central as well plus the fact they don't have a busy Saturday fixture list, there are many others as well of course.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Last year in the closed season I fished in a league series,all the venues were commercials, the rules were no pellets,boilies, or method. Made it a bit different.

S

Scott Whatmore

Cracking idea Dad. I also like the restricted bait suggestion too. Turn up at the venue and can only use the bait given to you e.g 1pt red maggots. That'll make it a right laugh.

Need to search everyone's bags tho and do spot checks etc. Despite the halo's and honest smiles in the forum pics, thar'll be cheaterers about !! lol

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I like the Idea, you haven't gone insane just yet Graham,;)

Pot of worms, one worm each, the match will finish early, so we would have to spend the rest of the day having a drink or two. Doh!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Need to search everyone's bags tho and do spot checks etc. Despite the halo's and honest smiles in the forum pics said:
I get sick and tired with all these accusations:D

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
FM'ers are not exactly queueing up to take part are they so I will take that as a no then, no problem it was just an idea.

Restricted matches used to be quite common in small clubs, float only, pole only etc. and occasionally some would have a maggot only match to boot. The idea was that everyone was on a level playing field of course and they were quite good matches, I enjoyed them, I never fished a bread only match but that isn't such a daft idea at all in fact it would be an interesting match I reckon.

Couldn't have a worm match though because it would have to be arranged on the computer and the anti virus would be having an acky-peevy fit :p

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Having a different type of match at a very different venue is great, however I think it would still be the same faces that turn out for the other matches. Im up for a match anytime anyplace anywhere cos I love the social side of it all.

How about a match where the bait isnt restricted but points are scored for each species caught. 1 point for Carp 1 point for rudd 2 points for roach 3 points for bream 5 points for pike etc depending on the species in the venue.

Of course there will always be the constant headache of suitable venues and dates to contend with.