Stolen Gear

blmanley

Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately I had some fishing gear nicked out of the back of van in Harpenden last Saturday night. If anyone sees any of the gear below ( I have only listed the items of worth) then please give me a call on 07712865588 or call Hatfield Police on 01707-806425. The Crime ref no is: F2/09/2189.
13ft Drennan waggler rod
12ft Maver waggler rod
10ft Middy Carbon Feeder Rod "The Works"
Light green 6 rod bag "sXth sense"
30" cameo landing net
3m Preston Innovations keep net (square type in blue)
TF alloy rod pod - no feet. I still have them
Make unknown alloy rod pod - no T bars. I still have them.

If your down the pub or at a boot sale if you could keep an eye out I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear about your gear, I had my garage done a few years ago, they took everything, apart from the gear a mate was using, he had had his nicked also.

I have spoken to so many anglers over the years, all had their gear nicked, fact is not one of them got it back. Sorry to say but I doubt you will see it again, but i think you know that anyway.

You could try car boot sales, local tackle shop may have had someone trying to sell them the gear, i doubt it, but you never know.

Where you covered by Insurance?? will keep my ear to the ground, and let the anglers coming into the shop know, someone may hear something.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Wasn,t there an article on here a good whle back about how to help protect your Fishing gear, and , how to add your own identification to them so if stolen and then found again you could quickly prove they were definately yours ? or something along them lines.

Perhaps it would be a timely reminder to show that again, i can't remember who wrote it or what it was called, but i think he was or is a policeman who fishes.